Should male or female ask for a date?

• The man for sure! Always!
  • At least the first one should get on the mans account
  • Its okay either way. We live in a modern society!
  • It should be alternating
  • If she wants a date, she should ask. Even if she already asked for the previous one!

Most Helpful Guy

• It is really frustrating that the man has to always be the "aggressor". I, unfortunately, have to date. I am online. I have tried just leaving my profile out there to let the woman make the first move. I get very few messages and only 1 from someone I was interested in. But if I make the first move, I get plenty of replies. I wish women would come after me like I am expected to go after them. it would be a nice change.

Most Helpful Girl

• Women are not children if they want a date they don't need permission, 'traditional' dating rules are very antiquated and patronizing towards women. I can understand some guys wanting to hold onto it-bc they get to control her and some guys need to feel like they control other people because they feel weak themselves- but i don't get why women encourage or accept or tolerate it. If a person can not act on their own will but instead rely upon anothers, make their own decision, control their own actions... What separates them from a pet?

Seems a waste and incredibly irrational, to spend decades becoming an adult, just to play the role of a child.

What Guys Said 12

• There has never been a generation which did not think that it lived in a "modern society." It is a meaningless statement.

• either or

• Whoever is less shy should do the asking, anything else is illogical and if you think someone's genitals factor in you should sit in the corner and think about where you messed up.

• It's okay
    Both of them

Who ever wants it the most, makes it happen I think

• Either one should ask!

• it doesn't matter.

• It should be based off your personality if you're naturally an adamant person.

• Whoever wants the other person should ask them on a date.

• Whoevers interested should.

• both can ask.

• You know what. It all depends. Do what your heart desires

• I support men asking. That way I don't have to say, "No. You are ugly." and instead I just never respond to her flirting.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think it matters. If you're interested, ask. Genitals play no part in that.

• It's no problem for me to ask a guy on a date.

• Even if you did ask for the previous one? You would ask again and wouldn't think its his turn now?

• I don't believe in turns, if he liked the first date, we'll mutually agree on when and where we'll have the second date.

• Either one.

• I think either way is fine, so ideally the less shy person should make the first step. :P

• Whoever feels like going on a date and is free should ask the other
    Gender doesn't matter

• A woman can make the first move on a guy and initiate something like a date but she should not chase him if he doesn't take up the slack after. Also if she wants to ask some one out she should be SURE he's not a player. Because a player will play someone they don't really like.

If I don't know the guy the most I might do is invite him to hang out in a safe kind of out of the house activity preferably a group thing.

• why should anyone chase anyone?

• hmm, i had not thought of that. not being approached y the player. i was only thinking of it from one angle. well, that explains why so many people say not to approach players, i could never figure it out bc to me you're more in control if you're in control bc i think of players as stalking their prey.

I still think if you were going to e approached as apposed to approaching, i think itd be better to approach. but i do see what you're saying.. thanks for explaining :)

• @Azara =)

• I'd prefer if a guy asked me.