How old were you when you became comfortable with dating?

How old were you when you became comfortable with dating?When I was young, I was SO uncomfortable with dating. I got nervous thinking about calling a girl and I would stare at the phone for hours before I actually called her. If I got rejected, it was devastating and it might take me weeks to recover from a rejection. As I got older and accumulated some experience, I got excited about meeting a new girl, but I didn't get nervous. If I got rejected, I just started thinking about the next girl. I developed confidence in myself and that meant that I got more dates and less rejections. At last, I was comfortable with dating but it didn't happen until I was 24 or 25 years old. How old were you when you overcame your insecurities and developed confidence in yourself?

• I have never become comfortable with dating
  • I became comfortable with dating around age 16-17
  • I became comfortable with dating around age 18-19
  • I became comfortable with dating around age 20-21
  • I became comfortable with dating around age 22-25
  • I became comfortable with dating around age 26-30
  • I became comfortable with dating after age 30

Most Helpful Girl

• Only when I was about 19 or 20. I'm really glad now that I didn't date in high school. I started asking guys out around 17/18 years old, but I was awkward about it and not comfortable. But I wanted to date. I had to do all the work because guys were not approaching me at all. By 21, I was comfortable with the idea of dating but had pretty much given up on it after a string of bad rejections. Then my husband asked me out, haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was a complete loser first like 18 years of my life srs

What Girls Said 20

• Probably 18.

I dated prior to that, of course, but I was awkward. Like, we can date, but don't ever touch me. Why are you holding my had? You stay over there and I'll stay over here. No touching. Go away.

It was odd to me that my boyfriend in 9th grade wanted to, like, hold my hand and sit next to me at lunch and invite me over after school and I found it odd that he'd wait for me at my locker and how he actually wanted to talk and stuff lmao

I think I was more prepared for being a girlfriend when I was 18 hahaha

• Even when I got together with my boyfriend at 15, I was still kinda uncomfortable with the idea of it. It still took a little while to settle down and stop being so nervous about everything and I said no the first time he asked me out because I freaked out about it. I would say that I got comfortable with it just before turning 16.

• Honestly, not until I was 20. I did not date in high school. I was a bit of a loner/outcast, actually. I had my first kiss when I was 12 and I talked to that guy for a few weeks, but nothing really came of it, because he had a girlfriend. I asked my science partner out when I was a freshman and even though he said yes at first, but ultimately he stood me up. After that, I had a lot of crushes and I fell in love with my best girl friend, but she was hopping from relationship to relationship. So, I was content keeping my feelings to myself, even though the boundaries were crossed more times than I can count. Finally, when I was 20 I got into my first true relationship with a guy I worked with. Even that does not compare to my current relationship, but it was a start and got me comfortable being with another person.

• I was ready to date around 16 years old, but was probably comfortable with it after I got into a relationship around 17 or 18.

• I haven't really really dated. Maybe I should try. But I really don't want a boyfriend.

• About 20. I dated before then, but I got more comfortable with it by the time I was 20.

• Um, 17. I'd been in the dating field since I was 13, but that was here and there. I'm the most comfortable now at 18. My boyfriend is the first guy that I've ever felt so comfortable and secure with.

• Not comfortable yet :( I start throwing up every time I start a thing with someone new.
    I have social anxiety though so that may factor into it.
    That said, I don't think i'll ever learn to be 100% comfortable with it because I only want to date people I really like. If I don't get nervous about them I likely don't like them enough to justify dating them.

• Around 18 or 19.
    Wasn't really interested before tbh lol

• Around 18-19. Though the only person I have felt 100% comfortable with all together is my boyfriend.

• 18 years old

• Vote B.

• I'm turning 19 in October but I'm still not ready for that path yet.

• 19 years old

• I'm ready for it now. No one to date :(

• My first date was at the age of 13 but you didn't put it up there!!

• I didn't date much before 18 to be honest.

• I became more comfortable with dating when I understood who I am and what I want.

• I haven't gotten comfortable with it just yet. But I am thinking about starting to date this summer maybe.

• Once I was out of high school things changed a lot. I got more experience dating, and leaned more about myself and what I want in life. I think probably at about 21, I became truly comfortable navigating the dating world. Not that everything is always easy and great, but I know how to handle things better now.

What Guys Said 11

• I didn't start dating until 21, after 2 combat deployments, lol.

• Im almost 40, and I still dont feel comfortable dating, I just dont get comfortable with people because I been burned so many times

• I have never dated in my lifetime and I never wish to date either!

• I was 31 when I went on my first date. I still don't have any self confidence.

• I voted G, in the hope that it will eventually happen.

• Around 19-20.

• I've never dated, so I dont know :(

• i got comfortable when i moved into my own place even though its in a bad neighborhood and the people i want to date are men.
    and the person i want to get with is guarded by his Female friends like im some convict and he is some Beautiful Prince

• i attracted losers so in the end at 24 i thought fuck it.

• I've never started dating :(

• I had a brief stint in my high school years where I was pretty comfortable with it. Ever since I've been in all long term things where "dating" or going out on actual dates is a small part of the actual relationship. My idea of a date these days is ordering pizza in and trying to work my way into getting her pants all evening; assuming she had a good day enough day at work to entertain my shenanigans.