How to get over a guy? especially after you've totally convinced yourself that he liked you?

there was this guy in my college class and somehow or another i totally convinced myself that this kid liked me. He was just a total flirt: from making intense eye contact, asking me a lot of questions, and just making me feel special. The list goes from me thinking he was flirting w/ other girls to make me jealous, 'eyeing' me, to asking his friends about me.

obviously, i'm pretty delirious and I don't know within these past couple of days I just want to get over him. I won't see him again since the course is over and summer is already well on its way for me, but i just don't know how to. I would drive up to school to see if he was there and he's just constantly on my mind. i know time can take a few arrows out but is there any way to speed up this process?

Most Helpful Girl

• Look. You were able to look at what you saw and use it to draw the conclusion that he liked you. In turn that made you feel something for him. My suggestion is that you look at what he did a little more objectively. What if his flirting with other girls had nothing to do with you and he was just flirting with them? What if he was asking you and his friends questions about you because he was just curious?

I think you may be way to invested in him. I mean, you said you were never going to see him again, but that you would drive back to school to see him. All this time you still haven't had any actual confirmation that he ever liked you. You need to take a step back and reevaluate lots of stuff.

And listen. you can't speed up the process. It just happens the way it happens. The more you actively try to stop thinking about him, the more you will. It'll just hurt more because you'll be thinking of it as something you need to ignore and forget (something that is very negative) as opposed to something that just happened. Just continue on with your life for now and don't sweat it. If you think about him, then okay you thought about him, but the more you freak out about it the mroe it will happen.

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe he was just really nice and thought you were interesting but didn't want a relationship. Just try and realize it probably wasn't your fault sometimes guys just don't want to be tied down and have to much respect for you to have a one night thing. Hope that makes sense

• Talk to other boys, you will get over him sooner

What Girls Said 0