Am I overreacting with this guy who's trying to date me?

OK, here's the thing: I am trying to find out if he actually likes me or if he's trying to get into my pants. Sure he's told me, "I like you"...but his actions don't really say that. Why? Well because he's been taking me for "drives" or "walks on the beach" and counting those as dates. My female friends all seem to say that if he does like me he'll ask me OUT as in on a real date...and to not count those "walks on the beach" as such.

What's going on here?

No, we have NOT kissed yet.

One drive, One walk on the beach so far

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds like he's trying to get to know you better. It is strange that he's not doing it in a normal date setting but some guys are different. If is truly intrested in you he will go out of his way to talk to you. He will also talk to you for very long amounts of time on the phone/fb/ect. If he wanted to only get into your pants he would not spend time talking to you when he isn't around you. I think at this point you just have to wait it out. I'm sure you will no soon enough.

I hope this was the question I was suppose to answer I'm on my itouch and couldn't copy paste that link.

Good luck!

• What do you mean by normal date setting?

• If you feel uncomfortable about the whole situation, but you like the guy. I think the best thing for you to do is go with the flow an if he makes a move before you are convinced he cares about you then just tell him know. What sucks is that this is truly too early to tell. And it could be that he didn't want to spend money on you which would favor he just wants to sleep with you therory.

• He was trying to date some super hot girl 2 months before me. took her to some expensive restaurant for dinner. I don't mean to compare, but what's the deal with that?

• those are dates

• I wouldn't say he's not putting forth the effort because he's taking you out. Some women like walks on the beach. If he wanted to get in your pants id think he'd try taking you to a bar or something - getting girls there would be easier for him anyways so I think he's trying to decide if he's interested in seeing you for a potential relationship at this point. Like what Akin said, you'll probably have to wait this out and see where he takes you next - I'm sure eventually it will be dinner

• Actually this happened in the past. he did end up taking me to a bar. I was really hurt because at that point I realized he was just trying to pretend to date me to get into my pants.

and I feel like the only reason he "dated" that girl before me properly is because she was hot and because I'm not I was only worth getting sex from. does that make sense?

What Girls Said 0