Hmmm... Is it bad?

Is it bad that sometimes when I am on Tinder and I see someone not so very good looking (or someone who is ok but I think they do not get a lot of matches), I want to swipe right to them just so they could have a good looking match and hopefully build their confidence IF they dont have one (or too many matches)... but then I think, if they start talking to me and I'm not interested... that's not nice... Should I do it or not at all? Is it a not nice thing to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 4

• I would say: if you're at least wanting to be nice to them and allow them to be nice to you (without you looking away), it's fine.
    But of course you shouldn't send a positive signal first and than look away :o

• What do you mean? And then ignore them?

• Oh yeah that's true. If you only want "to be in touch" like having a chat or drinking a glass once every few weeks or so, and he wants much more, it's really a tricky situation.
      But on the other hand, what would we be without friends? I guess it's a risk you need to take...

• I guess you are right. :)

• yes its bad. i think

• Why? A lot of people dont talk on Tinder, but having a nice match is always nice :) so why can't I just do something nice for another person without actually having to be interested in them? I'm sure many guys match with a lot of girls just because it's girls and not other reasons. Hmm...

• Yes its true... that's the downside but I would talk back to them in return but if they want to talk all the time or too much then I wouldn't want to.. but i guess that's the risk that comes with it.
      But yeah, thank you for your answer though! You made a good point :)

• hmm, no prob :)

• You should better leave that.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• It's a nice thought to have, but you're not really responsible for helping them build their confidence. If they really match as low as you think they do, then they'll definitely talk to you, and then what will you do? lol

• lol that was exactly my point haha but I would probably just talk for a little bit, be friendly, im sure they are nice people... but if they get annoying that's what i dont want.. then I will just unmatch them :p haha

• 👻👻👻

• I think a lot of people on there are just browsing. I have a lot of matches and maybe 1/3 actually start a conversation. So, I don't think it would be abnormal if you didn't respond to a message.

• yeaah... you're probably right. :) thanks for your answer!