Where is this going?

I met this guy in a computer game I play, and after being friends for a while, we started dating. He lives a few hundred miles away, but we stay close by Skype calling when we get home from school; we just keep each other company as we do homework, and we play together if we have free time. at night, we call on Skype and just fall asleep together, and then wake each other up in the morning for class. He's been talking about a future together, like talking about getting an apartment together, getting dogs, and how we would raise a kid. It's super sweet, and I would love to build a future together, but I also feel a bit scared. I'm premed, and I'm already pretty busy, but I wouldn't start a family until I'm done with med school, and that would be a really long wait for him, and I'm not sure if he would wait for me that long. He know's this though, and he often encourages me to study more. We've been dating for 6 months, and I want to finally meet in person this summer. My parents don't know I'm dating (i can't just say i met a guy online and im dating him, oh by the way, it's been 6 months... LOL). How do I convince my parents to let me vacation on my own? I'm 19, but my parents are pretty protective, sad life.

What Guys Said 3

• If your going to talk about him with the parents it would be best they meet him in person to avoid the instant protective mode.

• lol at "pre med" i didn't know that was a degree.
    anyway, screw what your parents want. you are an adult. you do what you want.
    if he doesn't wait then it wouldn't work anyway.
    and i met a girl on the internet back in 2006. went and saw her for the first time a 2 years back. best trip of my life. do it. go and see him.

• AHAHAHAHAHAA never said premed is my major anyways :D, I'm majoring in neurosci, but I'm more focused on the premed reqs. and I wish it was that simple, as I'm pretty much dependent on my parents. :'( They feed me.

• lol no you feed you. the just provide the food haha.

• You should watch out.

What Girls Said 0