Is it weird not to have any social media accounts?

So I despise social media and think it's the biggest waste of time, but I have noticed that everyone in my age range from 18-21 is usually on it. Would I be considered a outcast due to this? I remember reading somewhere (probably on some blog site) that if a woman can't find you on social media they will think that you gave them a fake name, or you are some kind of serial killer... Could this be compromising my chances with some women? What do you think? Are people actually shallow enough to not associate with individuals without social media accounts?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, I rarely even use them myself.

Ideally I rather not use them at all.

But you may need to have something like a LinkedIn account at some point to help increase your chance of finding a better job position at a good company or something.

Try to explain to them that you feel they are a waste of time, and I have to agree with the way the world has become now with being too connected to technology and logged on all the time frequently.

What Girls Said 11

• Social media sucks you in. If you don't have any then more power to you in my opinion.

• If a girl rejects you for lack of a social media account consider it a favour because that's a really shallow reason to turn someone down. I have plenty of friends who don't have social media accounts. I myself have them but rarely check them. Different strokes for different folks.

• You are awesome XD. I'm on the same boat. This is the only place I socialize on hahaha! I just like to have a private life XD

• Well actually you do have a social media account since you're on gag 😛

• no lol we just like to stalk if possible

• Snapchat, instagram and Gmail is as far as I'll go. But i hardly use them. I even forgot the passwords.

• It's a little weird seeing as you are 18

• No. I only have Instagram. And I just use it to find people easily I know and contact them if needed. I also enjoy posting pictures but that's all I have.

• It's fine! My mom never did social media. She said your young life off the web will make your future life better LOL

• My boyfriend is the same way. It is somewhat disappointing when you want to look someone up and you can't find them (I searched for my boyfriend on facebook before we started dating and was like '?')

• I actually don't have any social media, and I'm 23. (Other than this of course) lol But I do miss talking to my family and keeping up with their lives! I wouldn't be surprised if someone I started dating didn't have a social media account.. It's not like it's required to have one.

What Guys Said 8

• No, not weird at all. It's fine

• The sad fact is people will look at you in a different light... but you are spot on... Facebook is stupid. It's full of people with big egos... suffering from celebrity mentality. Facebook is retarded. Anyone worth spending time with... won't care if you have a Facebook account.

• It's why people kill themselves, it's an ego feeding non-news hate network. We still have tail bones, we aren't ready for this communication yet. Dump all non-anon profiles you'll be much happier.

• I agree with you. I don't do Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or any of those.

• No... What did you do before there were any?

• Yah in this day in age is common for people to have social media!!!
    🖕🏽 those are for my mom

• gag is my social media lol

• I don't even have Facebook account but I have a Twitter account I don't even use so your not weird, I don't like exposing to much information so I don't think they can assume anything about you either