Girls, Is a 'mummies boy' a big turn off?

Does this guy 'sound' attractive?

So you have 6ft, very confident and very well educated, handsome/attractive guy. He has some alpha male qualities and knows how to protect people most important to him. Everyone knows he will have an easy life because he can take over his parents successful business.
AND, he is really close to his mum, for instance he and his mum do a lot of things together and his mother still treats him like a kid and calls him a 'good boy' and doesn't have a very big social life beyond his family

Would you date a guy like this?

• Very attractive!!
    19% (5)
  • would date
    38% (10)
  • would not date
    23% (6)
  • Extremely Unnatractive!!
    20% (5)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Run far far away from "Momma's boys."

They're not husband material.

There's room for one #1 woman in a man's life. From birth until he meets the woman he's to marry, that woman should be his mother. But when he meets the woman he's to wed, he and his mother must be prepared for her to step back and let this new woman take that role.

That doesn't mean he discredits his mother, but that his wife's needs become more important.

And "Momma's boys" very rarely are able to do that and so make for poor husbands and their wives become bitter and their mothers become sour and the female politics take over and no one's happy.

So... generally, avoid these men.

What Girls Said 9

• A mommas boy is a good thing. It shows he values women and possess the ability to love unconditionally. Most men who have trust issues and other problems tend to have worse relationships with their parents... best wishes love!!

• The fact that he uses terms like "alpha" to describe himself made him unattractive in an instant tbh..

• It's OK. I'm used to this. I'm Indian and most Indian guys are Mumma's boys. I don't think it's weird or unusal.

• Did it once. Never again.

• hmmm, I don't know tbh. not a fan of mama's boys. i don't want to have to fight for a guy's time because he's busy hanging out with his mom.

• I would date him (if I was into that dating thing yet and if I'm into him of course) but he shall expect plenty of teasing. 😊

• I would date him. But not because he's a mama's boy but because of all the other things you described him to be.

• Even if I'm being optimistic, this guy doesn't exist on planet earth

• I do not like guys like that. I dated one before, and never will again!