Do you wait until your in the relationship and he/her is in love with you to show your true side?

I mean like if you get jealous or angry do you keep it too yourself until you're officially together. Are you on your best behavior in the beginning?

• Yep I act totally different at the start
  • No I always show what I'm really like
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at that poll... at the girl's answers... then they wonder why the guy dumps them when they feel like the relationship is going great... or after he said he "loved" you.
    How can you expect to keep someone when you are lying to them about who you are? They fell in "love" with the lie, when you showed your true side, they didn't like it.

Ughhhh -_____-

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't want to date someone if they aren't going to want to deal and love the real me, so i try to put some things out there at the start. i told my boyfriend pretty early on about the things that could easily scare some guys away - i see a therapist, i'm on meds for anxiety/panic attacks, my last relationship wasn't very good but my ex told me that i am crazy. i just felt it was important to warn him of this stuff early, that way i wouldn't invest myself in someone who wouldn't like the not so nice sides of me.

jealousy and insecurity i try to keep under control all the time, but yea, i would say i do try to keep that quieter and more hidden in the beginning for the sake of not coming off as clingy.

overall i would say i try to just be myself. i don't want to put in time and effort with someone who runs at the first sight of anything less than perfect.

What Guys Said 5

• I always show them the kind of person I am right off the bat.. and if I am not liked because of something.. I then know right away.. no use prolonging what the ladies really think of me, that would be pointless.. but then again that is just me.. others may do it differently.. but you know the saying.. different strokes for different folks.. take care now

• I wait until the other person has fallen in love with who I'm NOT, before I feel safe and comfortable enough to surprise them with who I really am (sarcasm emphasized).

• no, but I don't pour out everyghing at once. e. g. water is good for you... drink water too fast and too much and it can end your life.

• I do my best to push all extremes to understand someone before I love them... I need to know how they deal with me... I'd rather scare someone off, then pick a loser.

• No i am as i am, period. I dont change, it would not be fair to her for me to be a completely different person, and it would make me a liar, and that is one of those pesky little things i won't do, is lie.

What Girls Said 8

• You have to be honest... and let them know you're crazy... but release the crazy in small doses until they're too caught up in how great they think you are and it's too late for them and then you release the crazy all at once and if they're still standing at the end then they're the one for you!

*Maniacal laugh*

• A bit of both, I didn't hide who I was, but I also decided to "pick" my battles, I also think that both parties try to tolerate a lot more and try to get use to the person at the beginning, then they grow on each other.

• I'm completely myself from day one :] If he falls for the fake me then he wouldn't actually fall for ME now would he? I don't see the point in pretending. If a guy can't handle me at my worst he doesn't deserve me at my best.

• Yea. I dont show jealousy till we are close. Best not to start drama and vent too many frustrations/emotions when the relationship hasn't been established.

• well first off , I would not be in a relationship until i was in love.

Second, I dont think i can get to that point of being in love if I was being fake.

• I'm taking to a guy online, we met almost 2 weeks ago & we both share very private things on the second day, it was Amazing! I never opened up like that before, we texted for 12 hours. I told him I have cerebral palsy, aspergers & psoriasis, I also told him I have depression, anxiety, very bad mood swings & I hyperventilate, he still with me.

• I try hard to be myself but it's scary.

• Yeah I usually hide my moodswinging ways till they love me. But other than that I'm myself.