Has any one else ever been in an emotionally abusive relationship?

Have you ever felt like you would never do anything to harm anyone while in a relationship? Like you're truly loyal and faithful to the point where you would never even be caught dead cheating? You're an honest person with good intentions...

Well I've felt like this before I got into relationships but for some reason, my last two ex's get bad vibes from me. They accused me of being a liar, cheater and sneaky but I've never done anything to harm them as they make it seem. I'm very hurt and confused. My child's father told me I won't last long in another relationship once the guy sees what type of person I truly am? My other ex used to say that he saw me getting out of other other mens cars or that he saw me walking with another man but I would be at home chilling unless I was at work or hanging out with him.

I feel like I'm a genuine person and I never ever cheated on someone. I'm so confused right now that I'm starting to believe that I might be that kind of person. Can anyone explain why this might be happening?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I know exactly how you feel. Honestly you may be the type of person who puts of that vibe or are interpreted differently. Trust me.. im exactly the same. And its depressing, alienating and it will hurt, you probably feel foreign to everything by now. but once the labels are there, its hard to get rid of them and fighting it will only make it worse. As low as it feels and as much as it will pain you.. stop deflecting and denying the false accusatiins and assumptions. ignore it all.. it won't go away, but dont trouble yourself, your energy, or your emotions on falsities. (You) know the truth and thats all that matters. If they want to believe lies, then LET them. It'll anger u sometimes and you'll want to lash out or crawl in your shell, and sometimes even feel like turning into the accusations and falsely admitting to spite them. But Just hold your composure. People will think whatever theyre gonna and only you know the truth so embrace that, and ignore the rest. Its fcking depressing but its life and its never fair. If you have questions or need to talk feel free. I've had the same reject pain for quite some time. You learn to deal.. eventually. .. Or just nix emotions in general from your life.

• Wow that's deep! You must've really experienced this a lot but I just pray to God that these people will have change of heart if these are the things that they truly feel about me. I feel like it's a way to manipulate me but they just make it sound so believable that I automatically defend myself.

• The thing is one the accusations and questions of events happening or not happening get out there.. You can't get rid of them and just the fact the questions are brought up male people think it HAD to have happened otherwise there wouldn't be any questions when often enough the accusations and questions are falsly assumed. And Its not how they feel about you. Theyre mostly bored or disatisfied enough with their lives to waist time mindlessly troubling others. And yeah i have.. It sucks but there's really nothing you can do. Just find ways to ignore it of be a self motivated happy person. Distractions are temporary so you will end up going through good and bad phases..

• *Make not male

• Sweetheart I have been in your shoes! Trust me, it's not you... People like that (who are accusing you) are the guilty ones!!! They pin everything on you to make you feel like dirt when they're the ones doing stuff behind your back. It's hard to find someone nowadays that has respect. Be a good momma to your child. Someone will cross your path oneday that will treat you like a Queen! There's more people out there (myself included) who is /or has been in ur same boat!

• The guilty always accuse. You know you've done nothing wrong, do you know that they haven't? If its on their mind with no cause then its an indication of they may be up to something themselves.