Is this prank really that bad that my girlfriend had to get upset over it and would you get upset?

So my girlfriend bought a car 2 days ago. So i though of pranking her last night and what i did was i simply disconnected the battery. I told her i wanted to "test drive it" by myself and when i got back that is when i disconnected the battery lol. She then goes to start the car and obvs nothing happen then i started saying things like "i blew up the motor" "looks like you need a new car and you just got one". So she legit got pissed at me so i told her it was a joke and stuff but she was pretty upset and still upset today. This is no big deal right? I mean do i have to say sorry for a small prank like this lol?

Most Helpful Girl

• This pranking crap needs to stop. I used to love pranks but ever since this "Social experiment/prank" shit no one can even do it or enjoy it anymore. And considering I myself am saving up money to take classes to learn how to drive (parents never let me learn) and am saving up my own money for my own car I would be unbeliavably infuriated. If she spent years saving up her own hard earned money to buy that car I am surprised she hasn't broken up with you. It's one thing to feign confusion and aloofness about the situation but to say that you "blew up" the engine after she trusted you enough to let you drive her car that she JUST bought? C'mon that's pretty shitty. You need to apologize if you haven't already.

• it was just a joke, i did not damage the engine at all lol, i will buy something for her car, say sorry and take her out. It was a joke, taking out battery doesn't do any harm. You think it was that bad?

I helped her with her old car (92' honda accord) and things made me want to jump off a bridge the amount of times it broke down and what not. I tell you the truth i'mnot jealous, im super happy for her lol. She got a 10' 335 bmw. i'm happy for her cause her honda was just a mess and it made her super sad at times.

• If she did all of that to your car and didn't take any of that into account when she got upset then that's ridiculous. That changes the situation drastically. Still what you did wasn't ok but she should have taken into account all the things she's done. I assumed that this was just an out of the blue thing you did and this was the first time anything like this had happened.

• I talked with her today and she is fine now. I'm going to take her out and also buy something for her car to make it up to her. We prank each other from time to time. I explained to her that her engine is ok and nothing was done bad to the car.

Most Helpful Guy

• it's one thing to disconnect the battery. she goes to start and you go hahahaha... but to carry on the prank by saying you blew up the motor is kind of pushing it especially with a pricey new purchase.

you should definitely say sorry, i mean what reason would you have not to? pride?

make peace and move on.

• yeah i will say sorry, i will buy her something for her car and take her out on Saturday

• good man. i think most guys would be able to brush off this joke. unfortunately a lot of times prank types of jokes dont' go over the same with women. so in the tradition of gender roles, when we hit those patches we as men just have to apologize and make things better

• yeah i do agree, i'll make it up to her

What Girls Said 14

• Sounds like it was a pretty big deal to her..
    She was obviously super pumped to have a brand new car and to be able to 'test drive' it with you. Not only would someone disconnecting the battery be annoying in itself, but you also completely rained on her parade of being super excited to drive it.

Apologize, tell her you're sorry and don't do shit like that again.

• yeah i guess your're right, she was pretty stoked about it. I will say sorry and get something for her car too.

• ahah awe yeah, I'm sure that'll help cheer her up. :)

• yeah, i will take her out too, to celebrate her new car

• It sounds like you're jealous she got a new car and you are being cruel and trying to punish her.

It's a mean joke and not really a joke at all. She trusted you enough to drive her brand new car and this is how you repay her? I'd breakup with you no doubt. You don't sound like a person that will ever be happy for her.

• Oh no no no. Please don't think that. With all due respect to her i have a car that has twice as much power as hers and i use it for racing too. I'am not jealous haha. I helped her with her old car (92' honda accord) and things made me want to jump off a bridge the amount of times it broke down and what not. I tell you the truth i'mnot jealous, im super happy for her lol. She got a 10' 335 bmw. i'm happy for her cause her honda was just a mess and it made her super sad at times. Man your words are kinds harsh. I love her so much, believe me. It was a joke but since to her it was not i will make it up. I will buy something for her car, say sorry and take her out. We prank each other sometimes. I'am very happy for her, if i was not then i would not bring her to her clinical placement at 5 am in the morning (she is a nursing student).

I'am truly happy for her

• If you love her treat her like you love her. She bought a six year old BMW and you pull this shit on her?

My first car was a BMW. I've only driven two cars that weren't European. European cars are a love thing when they get sick. All the plastic parts. 😕

I'm in love with my Volvo. Don't tell me she's sick. Firstly, I know it's a grand min but secondly I love my Volvo. She's only three years old but I want to keep her forever. I have a spot in the garage for her until my kid is old enough to drive her. Swede Speed. Don't ever joke about a car being sick.

• I do treat her well. It was a little joke. Trust me, if she was on here she would legit tell how how i treat her lol.

Lol it's a little joke but i won't do it to her again. She like destroyed my svt cobra lol, and that is expensive car... trust me.

• I would be pretty upset.. I don't know much about cars to be honest and if you told me that you blew the motor and I needed a NEW CAR after I JUST BOUGHT THIS ONE, I'd probably cry.. cars aren't cheap and I think you really stressed her out on that one.

I think this is one of those cases where even if you think it was no big deal, if she was legitimately upset by this, you should just suck it up and apologize, especially because it doesn't seem to bother you either way.

• I do know a lot about cars and disconnecting the battery is harmless but the intent. Of the joke is not.

You're only teaching her she can't trust you and that you don't respect her.

• It's just mean to scare her like that. Sure there's a warranty but not if you dog out her car. New cars are only new and fun to the owner for a few months. Don't plant the seed of doubt for her about her car.

Some people fear they always have bad luck. Don'take her first car a negative thing. The jokes you pull on your guy friends shouldn't apply to your girlfriend.

• @sjoes006 no i did not even drive it hard, i literally drove it around the block for 3 minutes, i drove it normally. i would never do that to her car or anyone else's car. I won't play a joke like that again

• I tis One thing to have 'Disconnected the battery,' for fun, but to tell Her..."I blew up the motor" well, That is Crossing the yellow line which is Not... Fine.
    It looks like the joke with a Choke is on You now here, dear, and the Best from the Rest thing you can do is Try and make it up to her by... Buying her Something Special for the car and Kiss butt to try and get back in the Driver's seat with her Again, my Friend.
    "Big Deal?" You now are Fifth Wheel.
    Good luck. xx

• *It is (Not I tis.. stuck together here) xx

• yup i will, thanks :)

• So welcome!! xx

• Why is she mad lol? Sounds like a successful joke. She needs to laugh it off

• its best to go ahead and say sorry cuz you kinda did cross the line by telling her you blew up the motor and that she has to get a new car and she just got one. She probably feels that she can't trust you with her car and if you don't say sorry and get it over with she will continue being mad and use it as an excuse to start arguments and not do things you want to do

• it was just a joke, i did not damage the engine at all lol, i will buy something for her car, say sorry and take her out. Her car is not damaged at all

• I talked with her today and she is fine now. I'm going to take her out and also buy something for her car to make it up to her.

• THATS GOOD

• If you told her afterwards that all you did was disconnect the battery then I find no reason for her to be upset.

• At least you found a way to mend this situation but I still think she overreacted.

• Seriously man, seriously. Id be pretty pissed especially if I was pumped up for trying out a new car!!

• I talked with her today and she is fine now. I'm going to take her out and also buy something for her car to make it up to her. I also said sorry and i explained to her in full detail her engine is ok lol

• I would have dumped you

• This is why you don't pull pranks on your other half, people.

• lool :D

I think you should have said something else instead of "blew up the motor."

• it was just a joke, i did not damage the engine at all lol, i will buy something for her car, say sorry and take her out.

• haha, good luck!

• thanks. I talked with her today and she is fine now. I'm going to take her out and also buy something for her car to make it up to her.

• Lol that's dumb to get THAT upset but then again your prank wasn't funny to begin with

• Kind of a dick move to be honest.

• I talked with her today and she is fine now. I'm going to take her out and also buy something for her car to make it up to her. I said sorry and now we're ok

• You know better for next time eh.

• Yeah, im taking her out tomorrow, i won't play that prank again lol

• If it's something new, and a big deal like a car, I wouldn't like to be pranked either lol But then again it would depend on who pranked me! if it was my boyfriend I'd be mad, only because he's always playing jokes and doing stupid stuff like that lol

• i always joke around with my girlfriend but regardless i'll say sorry, get something for her car and even take her out to celebrate her car.

• Aw well that's a kind gesture. I'm sure she will laugh about the prank later, later on!

What Guys Said 4

• Buying a new car is a stressful and very expensive thing for a lot of people. You probably made her think she'd just got screwed out of thousands of dollars.

Think about how you'd feel if someone thought they'd prank you by convincing you that someone had cleaned out your bank account or something.

• yeah i will say sorry, i will buy her something for her car and take her out on Saturday. I know how that feel but it was actually real. When i bought my first car it was good then after 3 days the problems kept coming. But me and her joke around at times. When i had my 04' mustang cobra she scraped the whole entire front, i was mad but i kept my cool. When she drove it for the first time she stalled it like 5 times in a row, i was still ok, she grinded the gear lol, i still kept my cool, she even spilt coffee on it (i was mad) but didn't get upset.

• did you try saying "it's just a prank bro" that normally clears things up.

• She's overly sensitive. Give her the cold shoulder for being a bitch. If she leaves you then you know she wasn't worth your time.

• I would be pissed