What would he think if I text him?

Hi! Hope you can help me with some advice! I met a guy about one month ago. We went for a short walk and then we talked on the phone for 2 weeks. Then he invited me on a second date. It was nice but we contradicted on certain philosophical topics on which we had different views. It's been three weeks since then and he hasn't called me. A few days ago I went to a public place where I knew he used to go. He was there. I tried not to look at him so as not to give him the impression that I was there for him. When he passed by me he looked down and didn't say hi. I know he doesn't like me as a girlfriend. If he had liked me, he would have called me after our second date. But why didn't he say hi? We are no longer strangers. We have dated twice and talked on the phone several times! He could have at least said "hi"! We are no longer teenagers, we are grown-ups! What does his attitude mean? Should I have called him first after our second date? What would he think if, after 3 weeks of no contact, I send him a SMS, apologizing for contradicting him and suggesting him that we should at least be friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do not apologize for contradicting him. In fact, don't ever do that. You are entitled to your own thoughts and opinions, and you shouldn't let anyone other than yourself ever change that. You should always stick to what you believe in (although be open to the fact that what you believe in may not be correct).

The fact that he looked down and didn't say hi could mean that he's avoiding you, but there's also the very slight possibility that he got embarrassed when he saw you there. And by embarrassed, I mean nervous. I know this because it happens to me all the time. =.= I doubt this is the case though, and do believe he is in fact avoiding you for what happened on the second date.

If you want to make sure, do send him and text, asking him how he's been doing and stuff. The worst thing that can happen is he won't reply, at which point I sincerely hope you don't get taken aback by that, because it's proof this guy is incredibly rude and not worth your time. Just forget about him and move on. Good lucky! =p

What Guys Said 2

• I agree completely with Ephram, send him a text asking how he is and see what response you get. again if you don't get one then the man isn't worth your time and you should get back on the dating game.

• He would think, perhaps correctly, that you are seeking something other than a 'friendship' and would flee. You are getting the message that he is not interested in a relationship, but are clearly missing the point that even a friendship is not welcome. If this guy can't handle a difference of opinion, philosophical or not, then you are probably better off.

What Girls Said 2

• this guy isn't worth it. he's afraid of commitment and is flaky. he will do it again. and don't apologize. I totally agree with ephram.

• it would hurt to apologize right? I mean if you don't then you will alwas have that thought in the head saying " I wonder what would have happend if I did contact him" plus maybe if you do contact him he will apologize for not saying hi to you then maybe you guys will hang out again or he will tell you that he dioesnt hink its a good idea to hang out. either way its better to see waht happends.