Would you ever date someone who was controlling?

• Yes, I would
  • No, I wouldn't
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how controlling she is. I don't like taking orders from people so if she tried to boss me around a lot then I'd definitely dump her

Most Helpful Girl

• hell to the nah. I hate it now when someone tells me what to do. I can't imagine what it be like to DATE someone who wants to control every aspect of my life.

NAH no way in hell Or this planet. He's gonna get dismissed so fast. Imagine.. you're gonna feel like you're stuck in a 4x4 steel elevator with no way out 24/7 365 days a year and 52 weeks. You want that? feeling claustrophobic yet? Yeah NO. How many times have i said no? doesn't matter. Everyone likes freedom no one has the right to take that away from anyone.

Plus, this ain't fifty shades of screwed up... I mean gray.

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on how controlling and what specifically she tries to control.

• sure if it's the path needed to become wealthy in 2 years...

• Yes. I would just assign them things to control. They better not fuck it up though.

• Depends on a lot of other things. Being controlling can, to some degree, be a charming trait.

What Girls Said 15

• Fuck NO.

I'm not trying to sound rude but I'm my own person and no one on this planet can tell me what to do unless you are in a position of authority and have the authorization and justified reason to do so. I've had guys try that shit with me and they learn QUICK that it doesn't work.

Guy: You're not fucking going out tonight

Me: Psh bitch watch me. (Leaves)

• Not controlling in an abusive way. I would never date a guy who tried to take away my right to have my own opinions and freedom of choice. I'm too independent and assertive to allow a guy control me that way

One of my sister's was married to a guy who was controlling. He totally destroyed her personality. Thankfully , she got away from him, but she has deep emotional scars that will last her a lifetime

I don't mind a guy being controlling in the bedroom though 😉

• it's one of those things he can get away with to a certain point, so i'd give him a chance.

• no because I am usually controlling! lol

• Not on purpose, I wouldn't.

• not if i know they are. sometimes its hard to sort out.

• *Simon Cowell voice*That's going to be a NOOOOO for me. Ain't nobody got time for that! lol

• i said yes but generally no. My inner rebel would just turn the tables.

• No because that is not healthy. I want to be able to make my own choices, leave the house when I want, have a career, and be true to myself without someone else trying to control me and my life.

• heck no

• No I would not

• I already have and dumped them. can't tell me what to do and how to do things.

• No. I don't want to feel restricted in the relationship

• A very simple NO.

• Sometimes you don't notice that in a person until you are in a relationship with them!