Why are my single female friends always trying to set me up or tell me that I would be a catch when they would never date me themselves?

Kinda hypocritical don't you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't really sound hypocritical - just because they don't think you're right for them, that doesn't mean they think you're not right for someone else.

I get that it's frustrating though. Try to remember they're only attempting to help and be supportive. If you want them to stop trying to set you up with other girls, let them know.

What Girls Said 2

• Not hypocritial, these girls are your friends so they want to make you happy and they think finding you a girlfriend might do that. Maybe they believe you wouldn't be interested in them or that you're too good of a friend for them to risk by divulging in a relationship. Or quite commonly, they don't see you in any other way than a friend

• I don't see any hypocrisy in friend trying to set you up with other girls because you're supposedly a 'great catch'.
    They at no point told you that they're interested in pursuing you themselves, right?

• Nope, I just think that if they don't see me as dating material, why should any other women think so. I'd rather they just be honest and let me know that I'm not actually that great a catch. I'll appreciate them more as a friend if they did that instead of trying to get my hopes up.

• I'm not actually interested in them as more than a friend, way past that point, but yes, if women that know me better than anyone else thinks I'm a great catch, but not good enough for them, I find that inconsistent logic and they should just let me know the brutal truth. I'm fine with it since I'm not really a great catch, more of a pretty below average joe.

• The only inconsistent logic I see is that you believe all women have a shared mind.

What Guys Said 3

• Aah... The good old you're-too-good-for-me-I'm-not-the-right-girl-for-you routine. Aka the probably-that'll-get-you-off-my-ass line.

• They're being nice. You're their friend, so they're trying to help you find a girl so that you can be happy.
    They tell you you're a catch cause no one wants to hear they're undesirable.

• Frankly, I would much rather hear the truth.

• Because you're unattractive to them and they'd friendzone you.