Why am I single?

I've been told that I have a pretty good personality (ex: caring, funny, intelligent, selfless etc.) by several people, I guess thats "wifey" material but why do guys overlook me? what do I meed to change without lowering myself to a level of immaturity

I know looks pay a big part in dating but some people who I dont want to say uglier than I am but uglier than I am have no trouble in finding someone what is wrong with me

Most Helpful Guy

• well your character and personality seem fine, how about your looks? those matter too.

• I dont know

• per your update, looks are subjective.

yeah okay there is a societal standard for beauty, but when it comes down to reality, it's really all subjective. perhaps you're just not giving off a good vibe that people can meld with in a more dating sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be happy that you're single. Don't ever rush being in a relationship. You need to focus on yourself and get your life in order first anyway. Focus on your education and career. Become established and independent. Travel the world, have fun, do things that make YOU happy. The right man will come along.

What Guys Said 14

• When a hear a girl have this problem, the first thing that I think about is that she isn't flirting enough. Give more eye contact, smile more, do more playful touching.

• At seventeen years old, "wifey" material would have been someone I ran from. Who wants a wife when you still have to figure out who you are as a person before adding someone else to your life?

• Well first off your 17 thats your probel. Guys your age aren't into that. Later in life you'll have guys left and right. Just high school guys are not into wife material

• Well i dont know. You are 17. At this ahe a lot of guys would look for slutty and promiscuos girls i suppose. They are thinkomg with their hormones not their heads. Buy just because. Aomw guya are lile that, not all may be.. Also a little while later most guys will realize that what they want is a girl like you ;-)

• I don't think you should change anything. Eventually you'll find someone who likes you for you so there's no reason to change who you are for guys

• if you really are 17, its gonna be like 7 years before guys your age are looking for those type of personality traits in a woman. let your goofy side out more, and be fun to hang out with, thats what there looking for.

• You're single because you have a pixie haircut.

• It's fine
    You'll find someone

• You may just find it hard to open up

• Maybe it's how you look?

• Haven't found the right guy yet maybe

• Nothing your 17 your great the way you are

• First off, you still have a long ways ahead of you... Second, you're only 17 (if that's your actual age).
    And finally men aren't the smartest being on the planet... We over look women that are either out of our league or we couldn't see ourselves with. Give it time and just worry about yourself.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• you know people lied to you for making you feel better sweetie