After a 3 year relationship, how long should I wait before seeing someone else?

Ended things with my girlfriend of 3 years about 2 months ago. It was very hard, but I finally realized that she wasn't treating me super well. I met a girl about 2 weeks later and started hooking up with her about once per week. Over the last month we have been hanging out/hooking up more (2-3 nights a week) and its been awesome. We haven't went on like any dates or anything romantic, but my friends are starting to comment on how im already "dating" again. I think this new girl is pretty amazing, she is funny and her energy is addicting. I dont plan to start going out on dates or anything, but did I not wait long enough after my breakup? I just dont want to be oblivious and rebound super hard and not notice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there's a hard rule to what is appropriate. What if you're in a relationship in which you both knew it was ending and you just didn't let go for 6 months, but your heart wasn't in it anymore? Then I feel like it's not weird at all to find someone else really quickly afterwards. Dating is just getting to know someone and enjoying spending time with them. Now, if you decided that you LOVED this girl after a month and only a few after your break up, then maybe take a step back and try and think about how you really feel. Also rebounds are not a bad thing. I've seen some relationships from rebounds that ended up MORE successful than the ones that were left.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no rule for this.

But I personally think it's always a good idea to give it some time to make sure you've processed things and the end of the previous relationship before considering seeing other people.

Good luck! ;)

What Girls Said 4

• I mean, it's all about when u feel ready. :) it's preferable to take some time before jumping back into a relationship, to heal emotionally but everyones different about when they feel ready. To be honest, it does sound like you jumped into something real fast and are proably distracted by all the hooking up that u don't know if ur emotionally ready to move on yet. So take some time to reflect on what u want to do. :)

• Whenever you feel ready love isn't a big race.

• do what you can live with.
    who care what other people think! if you feel you're not just rebounding but like what you have with this girl keep things going as you are and see whrere things go!

• When ever you think you're ready and not find someone to be a rebound.

What Guys Said 1

• Dint get into a rwlationship too soon in my opinion. See this girl a bit longer till you make sure she is right for you, and then proceed.