Does the marital status of someone you like play any role in your interest for them?

I get it that I am very luck in today's world to have my parents still together, and even more so in love still; but I still find this effects my decision making. I find that girls I either dated or liked and had divorced parents tended to be a darker, more depressing and generally less loving or unwilling to love. It has almost become a relief to me when I find out a girl I like still has married parents, like an extra tick in the yes column

I am in no way saying my experiences are true in every way, or that I would not date a girl who's parents were divorced, but it does factor in for me. I think because to me, I will never understand that upbringing, and they won't understand mine.

So what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yay to your mom and dad! :) It doesn't particularly matter to me, but I totally get where you're coming from. When I learn that people were raised by single parents whether by divorce or death, it's kinda like "oh, okay you get it."

And honestly divorce does have a profound impact on a child's view of relationships. We all grow up, but of course when I was a kid I thought my parents were going to stay together forever and not having that kinda destroyed some.. sense of innocence? for lack of better term, in my mind about romance and marriage.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, the marital status of people I meet does play a big part in whether or not I'm going to be interested in them in a romantic way. A woman may be stunningly beautiful, nice and smart, but if she's married I'm not going to even think about having a sexual/romantic relationship with her.

What Girls Said 2

• When I first saw this question, I thought u were talking about "Do like certain men cuz their married or something like that" lol. But I understand better after reading more lol. No, I don't think one's parents marital status would play a role in my interest for them. I think other qualities would play more of a factor in my interest like are they responsible, nice, hard working, genuine & etc. :)

But I do see ur point though, good question. :) I would date someone who has either divorced or married parents, I don't think it would be a problem. However, if one grew up rich & the other poor then possibly there would be some misunderstanding.

• uh ya, if the dude's taken then I ain't gonna fuck w/ him

What Guys Said 1

• Always an opportunist, never a thief. Good motto.