Why isn't she interested in sex?

Hi there,

So I have been seeing someone for 3 months now, and although we cuddle almost constantly and hold hands, kiss etc she seems reluctant to progress to more. The thing is though I am a late starter to all of this, because she is my first girlfriend (I am 30) so I don't know if this is normal or not. I have the impression from the way other people behave though that they all have sex almost straight away in relationships! She is not a virgin or anything like that, because she was with her ex boyfriend for 8 years. I am starting to worry she is not really that into me, but on the other hand she has made it clear she is really happy and sees a future for us. I think I am worried maybe she likes the idea of me, but isn't really that attracted to me? But then if that was the case why would she like cuddling/kissing/holidng hands? But if she was attracted why would she be holding back from more?

What Girls Said 1

• She may just be waiting for the right time.

What Guys Said 2

• Does she have any reason to believe that you are ready to have sex with her?

• If you're holding hands, kissing, cuddling and all that I don't think it's an attraction issue. If she is really interested in something long term, odds are she is holding off until the right moment, or she wants to be absolutely convinced this is the real deal before giving into the physical part of this. Maybe she's been real hurt before? Women are much more emotional than men are. They need some kind of an emotional base settled before sex... Unless they're like a hook up for friend with benefits