Would it be a turn-off if I wore a base layer under my clothes on a date?

I promise he won't notice they are on during the date, just if things to well and we go back home... I don't want him to judge me too harshly.

I know it's spring but I'm chronically cold (mild anaemia), and I just feel a lot better with a base layer on.
Here is the pair I want to wear:

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's okay! And if it comes to that you can just explain to him what you have to everyone here and it should be totally finez

• Thanks for the support! You are very kind! You wouldn't find that weird if you knew I was wearing that under my clothes?

• Thank you so much! You made me feel so much better :) :) :)

• Thanks for MH! I hope the date went well :)

What Guys Said 17

• Just wear them. There's nothing worse than your date looking uncomfortable and you thinking that it's your fault.
    If you two do decide to get frisky that night, excuse yourself to the bathroom and take them off in there. Bring a duffel bag if you don't think it would look odd.

• Umm a duffel bag would look very very odd

• I've had a date do that before. She said she had a change of clothes in case the weather changed. Then again, we were outdoors.
      In any case, I doubt he would be turned off by a base layer.

• I don't believe that wearing the base would cause any issues. You could undress in private or if you you could give a short explanation if he asks. Any right minded person would understand.

• If you do not get intimate later he will not know. And if you do get intimat, he will likely not care. I know it would not make a bit of difference to me.

• Well, just don't undress in front of him. He wouldn't know what you are wearing underneath unless he takes a peek. If you let him then take off your stealth armor errmm... underclothes.

However, what are you going to wear outside? Jeans or slacks probably. What about the upper part? A jacket?

• Yep probably just jeans and boots, and a jacket... why do you ask?

• Yeah, because the stealth armor is limiting your clothing choices.

• naw I'm used to wearing things that cover it up :)

• No not strange. Go ahead and wear it

• Sometimes those are really sexy simply because they are tighter and form fitting.

• I wouldn't think anything was wrong with hit and would probably think you were cold, so no big deal.

• No big deal.

• Nah, that doesn't sound like a problem. Just tell him you're cold. Communication is the key to a good relationship.

• If you're putting out the first date then you probably don't really care what he thinks about you, hahaha

• It would be fine by me. If your that serious he should already know of your condition

• I don't think I would really care.

• nope. I wear these at the gym sometimes

• It depends on how the outfit looks altogether

• I wear clothes over top, you wouldn't even notice

• Exactly my question...

• No but could you play it off. You can make it awkward by you reacting to it.

• No I wouldn't see the problem

• I wouldn't find it a turn off for you to be appropriately dressed for the weather. If that means not much skin, that means not much skin, you can still look hot in body conscious clothing.

If you seemed to be going out of the way to hide your body, that starts being more of a turn off.

• He may do the same.

• Wear that? Doubtful, it's not that cold outside lol

• Oh...

What Girls Said 9

• If you feel more comfortable in it, then why not? I doubt he's going to be asking about your layers on the date. Also, if you do go back to your place or his after the date, then you can always just go to the washroom and take them off.

• What would you say if you read this:
    Would it be a turn-off if I brought my inhaler on a date? I don't use it all the time, just when I'm having an attack, but still carrying it makes me less anxious.
    That's literally what I felt I was reading. Girl, if you have a condition that makes you feel cold all the time wear whatever won't make you feel cold: a base layer, a fur coat, whatever

• well he wouldn't notice. If he does its not a big deal. He should like you for who you are not what you wear on a date. just tell him the truth

• Of course not, it is totally okay!!

• I would laugh haha!

• Oh no! In a cute way or in a that's so lame way?

• Kinda of both but I am not even mean. lol (: Its alright they just clothes!

• Wear whatever makes you confident. If he likes he he won't judge you.

• If he judges you for that, it's *him* that's the weirdo.
    Also, you know, a lot of guys find leggings and that kind of stretchy material a turn on. So he may like it :)

• thanks for the support! Yeah I just thought he might find it weird because it's not cold outside lol...

• Where are you both from? That might influence clothing style, etc..

• I think you should just wear it. If you bring him back home you can just ask him for a minute, quickly go and change out of it in the bathroom then put you clothes back on like nothing happened. But honestly I don't think it's a big issue even if he sees it. If he is really into you, a base layer wouldn't turn him off.