How does a girl who is pretty and smart not have a significant other?

So my best friend is one of the prettiest people I have ever met, plus she has a great body. She is also very intelligent. It seems as though she has everything going for her, but she is very quiet. She doesn't talk much, unless she knows you better. However, if someone approaches her, she is usually fine. She has never had a boyfriend and I'm curious as to why. I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, she does want a relationship. I forgot to add that in there!

Most Helpful Guy

• Because she doesn't talk to people and so the guys have no clue when she's interested

If she's ever interested in the first place

Most Helpful Girl

• Because I wanted tooo!

What Guys Said 11

• Dominating parents and religious beliefs?

• Well maybe she just doesn't wanna waste time? that's how I feel, I see all these people dating and breaking up after a couple moths lol, Life is short and Iv'e got more important things to do than waste money, time and affection on someone I don't love. Maybe she's just waiting for the right guy. and trust, good Men are hard too find now days, but the same can be said about woman.

• If she doesn't have confidence she will go apsoutely no where.

• Sounds like a good thing. She obviously doesn't need validation or outside approval to be content. Which is exactly what everyone should strive for.

• She probably doesn't put out the vibe that she is available. How engaging is she? If she's not giving out the cues that she is interested most guys aren't going to go there.

• she's waiting for the right guy to come along.

• Maybe guys are intimidated by her or they think she's not interested since she is quiet and shy

• Tbh I'd love to date a girl like your friend so I'm sure she'll meet a nice guy eventually

• Dunno but I am interested to meet this girl, maybe you could hook us up?

• Maybe she has a dick?

• She's quiet which sometimes can be perceived as a boring person
    she needs someone to let her loosen up or be surrounded with friends who knows how to have a good time

• She's quiet. That is the reason why.

• no, read moonchilds response

• I didn't say she was anti-social. A little math:

Let's say we're on a campus with 20,000 people. 50% of the population is male and female respectively. 20% of the females are not interested for whatever reason in males so there are 8,000 women interested in mating and whatnot. The competition is still 1/8,000 so quiet people aren't going to stand out because there are plenty of women who are beautiful, plenty who are smart (it is a college), and plenty who are both.

So the girls who signal interest are going to get more attention. Being more sociable is not a matter of screaming the loudest so much as it is intermingling the most in the most meaningful ways; if the girl in question only talks on a need-to basis then of course she'll be overshadowed rapidly by anyone who just shows a small interest in socializing and a tint of effort.

This has nothing to do with sexuality or dressing as such though that also becomes another element.

• If it is say in a company that actually goes worse by the way since networking links entire cities so you'd be competing with at least tens of thousands of people at any given time.

What Girls Said 7

• She has high standards and wants to wait until she finds someone she deems fits her needs. She could also be scared to commit. Only time can tell. The right guy will come to her. She should maintain what she's doing because this era is all about hooking up and not enough loving and getting to know someone.

• could be as simple as she doesn't want a boyfriend. Or all the guys she's met haven't been worth her time

• Men are intimidated.

• maybe she is gay

• Is she mean?

• Maybe she doesn't want a boyfriend...

• Some people may find her intimidating or hard to approach. She may come off as pretentious to some, or maybe it's simply due to her shyness. There are many reasons why people may not be approached despite their strengths. But I think if she's quite shy AND very beautiful and smart, it's probly just that people attracted to her feel that it's hard to approach her or are too nervous/shy themselves.