Is that OK to go on a date with my fitness instructor?

There's this new instructor at the gym I work out, and he is always talking to me and being nice. He is 23, I am 17. Today he said I was beautiful and asked me out. I really like being around him, so I am thinking about giving it a chance. Is that OK? I mean, maybe people will think he was hitting on me while working... And there's also age gap.

• Yes, it is!
  • No way!!

Most Helpful Guy

• The age gap isn't what the problem is. I know a few people who were 15 years apart and worked out just fine to this day, but those individuals were of legal age. I'm not going to try and stop you from going out, I mean love is a mysterious thing (yes, I'm one of those people). If you really want to go out with him then do as you please, but I just want to ask you two questions. First, are you sure that he's genuinely interested? I've told women that I thought they were beautiful, not because I was interested, but because that was my honest opinion. Second, is the risk worth it? I'm not going to try and stop you, but I just ask that you ask yourself these questions and decide what to do after.

Most Helpful Girl

• are u turned 18 like.. tomorrow because otherwise it's no good. also, u have to ask what a 23 year old wants from a teenager

What Guys Said 4

• I get the feeling this guy is a gym instructor solely to pickup women. The guy is obviously not very professional. Maybe have a backup gym you can start going to if this doesn't work out.

• does he know you are under 18? probably not

• i really don't see the difference between 17 and 18. go ahead. don't expect much.

• as a guy around thta age and as an aspiring fitness proffesional nope

What Girls Said 5

• I voted when I couldn't see the full question. I said yes, but given your ages, I would take that back. Your ages are too far apart and your maturity levels are too different. I think it would be a bad idea.

• That's illegal, no?

• you are still under age and it is not a good idea to get involved with him

• It is totally and completely okay, who the hell is saying this isn't?

• Of course it is