If your boyfriend/ wanted to see your phone would you show them?

I caught my boyfriend out on a lie at the beginning of realtionship and now the trust is a little bit dented. He is trying his best to fix things up with me. But the one thing I want to do is check his phone. I haven't asked him yet but how would you react if someone brought this up? I know if he asked to see my phone if give it to him because I have nothing to hide.

So so if they asked would you let them?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• If he has nothing to hide then he won't have a problem with it.

• Exactly like I'm not going to ask him every week, because if I do that then there's not much point in being together. It's just this one time to put my mind at ease.

• Go for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend snooped on my phone/email early in the relationship. If he had just asked I would have shown him because while I don't generally like people looking at my private shit, I really don't have anything bad to hide. I'd be a bit hurt that he didn't trust me but if I had done something to break my partner's trust, like your boyfriend did, I would also understand it and want to help reassure my partner. Of course that goes to a certain degree too. If my partner is taking that to the extreme and wanting to check everything regularly, that's too much in my opinion.

What Guys Said 20

• yes, it is another form of communication and since trust was broken, he needs to.

"I want to trust you, but for now, I'm going to verify, "you can do the same".

• Depends on the situation. If she just wants to use it for like games, text someone, or goof around, then yeah, I'll give it to her, I have nothing to hide.
    If she's trying to find something sketchy, cause she doesn't trust me, like in your case, no, I wouldn't give it to her. I have nothing to hide, therefore, I don't have to prove my innocence to her. If she doesn't trust me, she can leave, but I'm not gonna let her control my life.

• What if her trust was broken by you, though?

• If the only reason u didn't leave was because he begged u not to, then mayb u should reevaluate your priorities here...

• and if he cheated on you, then he knows little about love

I wouldn't want to stay with someone that wouldn't be able to love me in the way I deserve to be loved (the right way, with no lies and sketchiness).

Honestly, I can see you love him, but you are in time to still find, and do deserve, better, hun...

• Of course. We have no secrets.

• First of all I wouldn't do anything suspicious or break the trust... And I will always show my mobile as I wouldn't have anything to hide

• I want to say yes , and in most cases that wouldn't be a problem as long as it is asked away from an accusational manner. If this is asked during a heated discussion or argument you can but the other person will feel insulted and lash out accordingly

• If she starts accusing me of something that I didn't do, then demands that I show her my phone, I'll show her the door.
    If she asks politely and admits that she's just concerned, then sure.
    My ex would constantly go through my phone without my consent. It annoyed me at first. But, I realized that I had nothing to hide. We talked about it. For the next year or so, all she had to do was ask if she could see my phone. The answer was almost always yes.

• Sure if she wants. It sends a very loud message she has trust issues, but ya she can.

• If she wanted to use my phone sure, but if the only reason is to search through it then no.
    Not because I have something to hide but you should trust who you're in a relationship with and if you don't... why are we together?

• I have handed my phone to every female I've dated after they accused me of cheating (3) and even went to every GPS location in it along with the GPS in my car. Every single one of them got mad that I proved I wasn't cheating on them and then continued the argument by saying you must have another/phone or car. But when i asked them to do the same the answer is always the same "what for?". Of course you know the answer already that every single one of them was cheating on me

• I would rather have her ask to see my phone, than have her try to snoop without asking for it. It would lead to a discussion about what her concerns were, and why she felt she needed to see my messages and whatnot.

Failure to resolve these issues would end the relationship, but if she had a significant concern and I could allay it by showing her my text records or whatever, fine.

• I have zero to hide from my wife. My phone has a pin on it, but that is required by where i work, she has the pin. I completely trust her and have nothing to hide so if she wanted to go crazy and go through it i would happily allow it.

• I'd say no out of principal. I have nothing to hide so I could let her check it but I think my girlfriend should trust me enough to believe that I'm not hiding anything

• Yeah but sometimes it's not that easy especially if they have already done stuff to make you doubt your trust. If he said no to me, I would definitely get the impression he is hiding something from me and that would be it.

• I know it's hard but I feel like if you can't trust someone then you shouldn't be in a relationship with them

• It is a double edged sword. If you are almost entirely positive he's going around behind your back, then end it right there. But if you aren't sure, you can bring up the idea of you going through his phone. If he says yes then there you go, but if he says no you need to respect his privacy. If you feel it continues from there then its probably best to move on.

• yes. nothing to hide

• Depends on whether or not I have something to hide. And just because I have something to hide it doesn't mean it's bad...

• No i wouldn't do that

• I literally have nothing to hide...

• Well, she knows about my sexual kinks, yet I wouldn't want her to have to see that.

• Not really.

I don't have anything to hide there either. If she happens to see some messages from whoever I don't mind but I have personal conversations on it and letting anyone read those would betray the trust other people put in me when they shared what they did.

Being most of my friends' go-to guy for any personal problems they might have it just isn't something I would share.

• Hell no... even if there is nothing on the phone you'll find something to make an issue off.

What Girls Said 19

• I would, because I have nothing to hide.

• When I was with my ex boyfriend, I caught him in a lie as well. He tried to fix it and gave me all hid social media passwords and would openly let me look at his phone with no hesitation for months until suddenly he changed all his passwords and stopped laying his phone anywhere near me. We eventually broke up because I felt the trust was so low in our relationship I had to have his passwords and see his phone just to be sure that he wasn't f*cking around on me. I'm much more at ease knowing I trust my current partner enough that I don't have to take it that far. I hope everything works out for you!

• Not if his only reason was to search it. However, my partner uses my phone all the time without having to ask me if he can go on it. It's not a big deal.

• I said no and not because I have anything to hide but because they should trust me and trust in a relationship is huge. If you can't trust him then you should move on and you should not ask to look at his phone. Trust him or break up with him because it will never work.

• I would let him borrow it and he could look through everything that's on my phone and my PC. Which the same goes for him, he wouldn't mind since he's got nothing to hide either. Only way I see either of us asking to use the others phone or pc is if we need to look up something or call someone due to not having our own.

Though in your case, he would assume you just plain out don't trust him and probably will never trust him.

You can't truly love someone if you don't trust them. I've learned that out in all of the 13 dudes I've dated over the years. Which having a strong trust is the reason why my current relationship is working out amazingly.

• i mean yea but i would probably be annoyed that he doesn't trust me and it would possibly screw up the relationship a little. but i guess if i had already given him a reason not to trust me the relationship would already be a little messed up...

• I wouldn't be in a relationship that has no trust. He shouldn't be asking to see my phone and I shouldn't be trying to hide it from him. Vice versa.

• well i personally wouldn't because my whole life is on my phone i dont want someone looking through it all, but in your situation he better let! he messed up in the very beginning are you kidding me, if he doesn't let you see his phone, break up with him.

• This is so hypocritical xD

• So you would never make a mistake that would make your partner question the trust placed on you? You don't make mistakes?

• @AleDeEurope not yet i haven't. i take relationships seriously, no time for games so the person i date trusts me enough not to snoop through my stuff (and ones again, in the askers situation, she definitely should though. he clearly can't be trusted and if she really cares enough to stick around, she needs to check to see if he's really changing) and if your definition of never making mistakes is simply being faithful and not suspicious, then yes. i dont make mistakes.

• it just makes me uncomfortable.
    i dont have anything to hide but its unnecessary

• I'd let them.
    But depending on how it relationship is I might either laugh it off or be put off, but still laugh.

• No, it's mine and it's private.

• Seems like u don't trust him.

• I've already explained why I don't trust him. We are at the stage were we are rebuilding our trust and this would put my mind at ease.

• seeing as I have nothing to hide yeah, but as he trusts me its never been an issue x

• Yes, because I have nothing to hide.

• probably no, i have embarrassing conversations and photos.

• Yeah, as long as he doesn't facejack me or something

• Yea why not. I don't really have anything on my phone anyways

• Yea I will give him, I don't have anything to hide. I caught my ex cheating on me by going through his fb messages. He was hitting on girls and offered to pay for sex

• Yes, if he doesn't then he's got something to hide. There is no reason other than that.