19 dating a 24 year old?

He is five years older than me and we just started seeing each other. I'm not sure why he chose me though. We met on a night out and he thought I was really beautiful, we hooked up and now he has started contacting me and had dinner with me. I definitely feel the age difference because he's so so mature. He keeps calling me young girl and reminds me about him being so much older than me I kind of feel like a kid. I do enjoy his company and I somewhat like him but I'm just not sure what's going on.. I hear people say that older guys use young girls and it kind of worries me. We have fun together but you know. I feel confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well he chose you because he likes you... Shocker lol

The age gap is not bad, 5 years is fine, if you don't like him commenting about how young you are then you have to talk to him one day.

I think it's better for the guy to be older, because you still have lot's of time before you want to get married, and he might be ready then.

You enjoy his company, just take everything easy, have fun, maybe he is just using you maybe he is not? Only time will tell... See if it gets more serious or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• The actual age difference isn't so large. Im 18 and would be okay with anything in between 17 & 25, outside that range it depends a bit.

Some people like relationships with a dominant and a submissive person. It sounds like he wants to be the dominant one and likes to think of you as his sweet little girl. Nothing wrong with that, it's not extremely kinky or weird but if you don't like it you should tell him.

What Guys Said 2

• Lol I just want to make this clear, guys in general are known to use girls. Just treat it like any other relationship and make sure to take your time.

• The comments he makes come off as creepy to me. I wonder if he has a desire to be with someone younger.

What Girls Said 4

• 5 years old isn't that huge of an age gap. If he's serious about you and you both like each other then I don't see the harm in it at all.

• Sounds weird. When there is an age difference it is normal for the guy to make the gap feel smaller. However he is making it so obvious that it just sounds creepy.

• sounds meh! I don't know.

• Dating someone who's 24 when you're 19 is perfectly fine, but this guy sounds like a jackass calling you "young girl" (unless in humour) its downright patronising. Sounds like he has some insecurities and an ego complex, and an overall unsavoury character. Ditch him.