First Date Horror Stories: What are some of your funniest/scariest tales?

A first date always starts out exciting but unfortunately, it rarely ends that way. We have to keep trying, kinda like trying on different pairs of shoes in the store.

That's why we all have horrid first-date stories. I'd be interested to hear about some of yours. ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be the one (and only) date I let my sister set me up on.

He ended up getting my number via my sister. We talked for a little while but I didn't have much interest in him due to him being known as a player. But he asked me out on a date to the carnival my town holds every summer, and after my mother's "it's just a date, go have fun!" Speech and my sister's encouragement, I accepted his date.

... We probably spent a total of 20 minutes together within a 4 hour span. Other girls kept coming up to him and begging him to get on rides with them, which he went and left me behind with my sister and a friend he brought with him. After a while I just lost track of him and did my own thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• So I met my EX on OKC. Setup the first date and came late like a boss since I could not find my way around that specific mall and I was in a hurry to get home from work, take a quick shower and hit the road. Being Friday and being around 6:40 there was loads of traffic so I ended up coming 1h late, with another 10 minutes riding around the mall trying to find that specific section were we supposed to have met. So finally I get to where I had to be, 1h and 10min late all pissed as I don't like to be late, but it's cool. Then me being me I don't tell people easily so I was like... so where's that girl? Pull out my phone and text her to let her know I'm here. No reply. Called her, no reply. So I'm just chilling outside Starbucks on my motorcycle wondering the fuck is going on... Finally some girl walks up to me, and that girl was my date. We then go grab some coffee, then chill outside and then go grab some dinner. The date was going wonderful until the end when I ordered "Irish Coffee" being unaware it had alcohol I was like "Oh fuck". See I don't drink and easily get drunk of 2.5%, at this time I knew I would and may say stupid shit being drunk. Luckily that did not happened, later on we made out and I had some fun with her behind a movie theater. Not all the way sadly as I did not have condoms on me, and no I wasn't expecting sex on 1st date. Girl turned out to be just horny and she brought my behind a movie theater, asked for a massage and then shit went from there. Funny enough this was first time I felt like a god damn man and had my first taste of a girl. With adrenaline pumping and a massive boner the date ended with my riding back home in a rather chilly weather only wearing a light T-shirt with a boner against the gas tank, but boy oh boy was the date exiting.

What Girls Said 13

• One guy I met was shorter than me, which he failed to mention on his online profile haha, and then to make matters worse, we went to see the last Harry Potter film in the cinema that had just come out, and I was a MASSIVE fan, and this guy starts trying to get all touchy feely with me in the cinema, distracting me from a movie I realllly was into! I knew right then and there that he was not the one. Afterwards, we hung out at a nearby park for a bit to chat, and he chased me around he kids playground with a boner :|

• Oh god...

i was on my 2nd date with my ex man, and my period just decided to come early. I had absolutely no pads on me, and i was in light denim. -.-
    I freaked out and quickly went to the bathroom. Some had made its way through my pants , but thankfully i was wearing a jacket so i wrapped it around me.

• Haha, this is a kinda weird story, but here we go;
    I had been crushing on this cute girl, who happened to be my best friend. We were going to a movie (classic, I know) and had a great time! Before the movie, she had dragged me to the girls bathroom. Mind you, this is a kinda big theater, but no one was in the stalls at the moment. We were awkwardly in the stall before she kissed me. Kissing leads to more passion, yada yada.
    Then, someone decides to come into the bathroom and sit into the stall RIGHT next to us.
    We had both jumped onto the toilet to hide our feet, her on my lap. We couldn't move. What would some innocent person think if she saw two lesbians crowded onto one toilet? The name alone sounds like some porno.
    We had no choice but to stay there for the next 20 minutes.
    Long story short; I couldn't walk straight for the rest of the day.

• He brought his mom... first and very last date.

• This guy wanted to take me to the comedy club. He showed up 30 min late and reeking of beer. His excuse was that he had to drop a friend off somewhere. He was wearing a wife beater and board shorts.
    So we went to take our seats and he proceeded to order more alcohol and proceeded to get drunk. During the show, he left to go text on his phone for 20 minutes. So after the show, I was walking in front of him back to my car because I sure as hell didn't want to caught dead walking beside that loser. And he kept apologizing for what he was wearing... Yeah that is the least of your problems...

• i haven't been on an actual date in like a billion years like sense i was 16. or something lol. all i can remember is this skirt is ridiculous with these shoes but im doing it because im edgey.. and by edgy i mean i wore a skirt made out of mens underwear with a butterfly appliqued to it.. because fashion and i got it from a fashion company who was selling at warped tour.. support! but other then that disaster horrified.. but he picked me up in his parents mini van to go to the movies but thats cool right.. *cry laugh emoji* insert here

• Nothing too strange.. I drove about an hour for a date to meet a guy (actually I turned up 3 hours late due to not really wanting to go and getting lost, but he waited bless him).. we'd been speaking a couple of weeks, met over the internet (uh oh!).. he was a tall guy and when i walked up to him for the first time, he got down to my level and tried to go straight in for a lip kiss, which i backed away from! Then he spent the rest of the evening declaring his love for me.. I was gone faster than a shit on a waterpark slide!

• It was with a guy who was younger than me. He was a butt guy and couldn't keep his hands off my ass. Then on top of that... he tried to pull himself out in the movies.

• went on a date with a dude, turned out he was a serial killer and he murdered me :( would rate it a 2/10

• I've always got scared of the end of every date. Because of the kissing part. Especially if I didn't want to kiss. I'd be like I really gotta go!
    This guy forced himself on me, and I had to push him with my both hands away and he was super horny at the time. That was a bit scary cause I barely knew him.

• My very first real date was when I was 14, with a guy I met at a beach, where my friends group and his group played games with a ball. He asked me out and I was like whatever I wanna know what it's like.

We went to a movie, I couldn't wait till it started because he kind of killed every conversation I tried to start. We had no similar interests to talk about whatsoever. I liked dancing, reading and rock, he liked (nothing but) soccer and techno. He was also not very bright.

We happened to go to the wrong movie, which was a terrible one with bad actors, a bad storyline and a lot of awkward sex scenes. Afterwards I was just waiting for it to be over. We said goodbye, hugged and I was free.

He said he found it an amazing date and then kept stalking me until I blocked him on whatsapp and facebook.

• One I had last week, I met him online so we hadn't met in person before. He touched my arm, hand, leg, etc at different times and I wasn't really comfortable about it. He tried to kiss me twice and I turned my head away but he wouldn't take the hint and he followed my lips, eventually giving up and planting it on my cheek. He was shorter than me and a slim build and when he suggested coming back to my place, trying to pass it off as a joke, I said no. He said surely I was not afraid he would do anything to me and I said no I wasn't, after all I can box (which is true, and he already knew).

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 14

• I only have an almost-horror story where I almost ended up on a date with the wrong girl.

I had met this girl at a pub crawl for all the interns in my area and we hit it off and decided to go on a date. I got to the restaurant first, and while I was waiting, a girl about my age shows up, and asks if I'm waiting for her. I had been really drunk the night I'd met my date, so I didn't really remember what she looked like. Now I'm standing here in the restaurant with the waiter trying to take us to our table trying to figure out if this is like a joke from my date, because clearly I'd be waiting for her, or if this is someone meeting someone they don't know and they are actually asking. I bet on her not being the right person, and thankfully was right. Her actual date showed up a few minutes later, and mine did a few minutes after that. Turned out to be a nice dinner and whatnot, but only narrowly avoided a really awkward explanation for why I was having dinner with the wrong person.

• I was having a nice conversation with a lady over the phone, and we had exchanged pictures. She said she needed someone to go with her to this group event, and would I attend with her. I said sure, it would make an interesting first date.

This "group event", turned out to be in a hotel ballroom for something that reminded me of a cross between a religious cult and an "Amway"-like pyramid sales scheme, and her intention was to draw me into it.

I excused myself for the restrooms, left the hotel, jumped into my car, and never spoke to her again.

• Okay, for some this is going to sound like perfection. However, bare with me, and I can explain.

First time I was with this girl, we started cuddling and not ten minutes in her hand is on my crotch. Of course, one thing lead to another and she had unzipped me and blew me. Of course, that's fine and dandy for some. But as the relationship went on all we did was sexual stuff. And then it ended because she was just boring beyond that. Communication was one sided and she just pretended to be interested in the things I was. And as soon as I told her about my depression, she left. Now while none of that really had to do with the first date- her wanting to be sexual (she even asked if I had condoms after the oral)... that should have tipped me that this wouldn't be dating. We called it that. But honestly all it was was her coming over and us doing oral and touching. No real communication. So for someone wanting something real and honestly thinking they were getting that- realizing this was sort of a horror story.

• Ran into an ex-boyfriend. He asked to join us and she thought it was a good idea. When she went to the bathroom, the ex-boyfriend got hostile and protective. He asked about my intentions. He also said they were trying to work things out, and how he'd "kill" me if I got in the way.

A short time after they came back there was a conversation going on about some personal memory that I couldn't find my ground within so I literally got up and walk out of there without a word.

She called me several hours later and apologized but said regardless of the awkward situation, that it was 'rude' to walk out on a date like that...

Long story short, I didn't go on a 3rd date (this was on the 2nd). I liked her in theory, but I simply didn't care to deal with that sort of drama, nor did I feel like competing for the attention of the person whom I'm out on a DATE.

• I don't have any first date horror stories. The most memorable first date incident I can think of was just funny. Maybe mildly embarrassing, but mostly funny.

I was on a date with a girl I'd met only once before, briefly, at a mutual friend's wedding. It went very well. She ended up coming back to my hotel room with me. The next morning, we received a "thanks for staying with us" card from the hotel staff, worded in a way that suggested they assumed we were married. It was in a very conservative, very Mormon part of Idaho. I laughed very, very hard. I think I may still have the card.

The young lady and I are still very good friends -- and we're still not married.

• One time I met a girl off OkCupid who said she was 5'1, ended up being 4'6. Being 6'2, it felt awkward as I had to bend over to hug her. She also brought her friend too without telling me before hand. The girl was nice, but I ended up having no physical attraction.

Another time I met a girl off tinder at starbucks and ended up up approaching the wrong one at first then realized the girl was sitting at a table nearby lol. That was very awkward.

• my friends invited me for "barbecue", sure a beer followed another and I went to my date drunk AF :))))))
    I was smiling all the time, couldn't answer well or listen well and ended up after two hours leaving the dinner and going back to my friends and partied till morning !

• We went to a restaurant, saw her husband out with another woman and he saw her with me. I didn't know she was married and it was NOT an open arrangement, lol. Awkward...

• I've had some bad ones - actually BEEN some bad ones.

Never anything as bad as that one in Virginia where the guy wound up murdering the girl, her friend, and her parents.

• My horror story is, I found out my first date wasn't actually a date.

• I was trying to converse with her, but her phone was more important lmao.

• U know when they do that i tell them whats the point of going out with me if they have more important things to do !!!

• Date with woman I met online. She was 10 years older than she said. She invited me over to her place after dinner. I refused and she went nuts... Told her I only dated younger women and she lied to me. I got the hell out of dodge.

• Loooooooool i met a girl online she refused to show me any pic and she told me a fake name... When we met she was looking like my best friend female... And she was bigger than me like four times and her sister kept calling her her real name and she didn't even said sorry for lying then she wondered why i left...

• I pooped myself and yea I think we all get the picture... It was bad