Guys, do you make exceptions with your dating standards (height) ?

So, to be more precise, I'm talking about height because of my own experience. There is something I have a hard time understanding. I understand why shorter guys wouldn't want to date a taller girl, but I find it weird that a guy who's like 6 foot tall or above is strictly into really short girls. I've been told that some guys who are taller than me (5''11) want a really short girl and it kind of makes me feel like I disgust them or something, even though I'm not taller than those guys. So, do you think a tall guy who's attracted by short girls would make an exception? I may be 5''11 but I'm not masculine at all, I have a pretty face (at least in my opinion), a thin and fit silhouette and, well, I'm kinda shy but I get along well with pretty much everybody. Are short girls really that much cuter...

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Times may change but standard must stand.
    Now I'm 183cm , so a little over 6' but am I straightly into REALLY short girls?
    Can't say I am. I'm more about that healthy golden standard thing.

If you want here's a cynical theory thing.
    Oh sure there's the entire "short girls are adorable" thing but why are they adorable?
    It boils down to the masculinity. The small stature of a little woman FUELS the fragile masculinity of some men , the justified existence as the ultimate protector and provider. It's a power fantasy essentially.
    A girl who can fend for herself , an equal. Shatters it.

What Guys Said 22

• I'm 5'9 and I like girls between 5'2 and 5'8 inclusive.

I can't say which I prefer tho, I could find both hot for different reasons. For example 5'8 girls will likely have better legs and its just sexy to have her close to eye level with me but shorter girls are also hot in a submissive sort of way since because they would be lighter and easier to move around and lift up. I am a bit hesitant towards the 5'8 girls because they still tend to prefer 6ft guys and view anything less as settling. I also think they have a reputation for being bitchy towards shorter guys but if I met a 5'8 girl who genuinely liked my height as much as she would a 6ft guy then Id date her no problem.

However I wouldn't date a girl who is taller than me and I doubt she would want to date a guy who is shorter either so its all good.

• I don't think it's a matter of cuteness, maybe more so having someone that a taller guy can take care of physically. I'm 5' 11" tall, and go for taller or short girls, I think each has their own unique qualities, and I personally don't have a preference.

• Sexual dimorphism is where the sexes have physical differences, and example of which is that men are, on average, are taller than women. People tend to be attracted to extremes of dimorphism, which is why many guys (except the guys on GAG for some reason) like girls with large breasts, or a large butt, or a very narrow waist, or in your instance short girls.

Sexual selection theory, a branch of evolutionary theory, posits that the differences are seen as signals to which the other sex responds. The larger the difference, the stronger the signal, the greater the response.

• i used to have a crush on this girl who was a head taller than me, she had Auburn hair and blue eyes, and she always wore the same fragrance. she smelled like spring. Unfortunately things didn't work out between us and i had to move on. At the moment, i have a crush on this super cute girl who works at the candy store in my town. she is a head shorter than i am. she often dyes her hair so i have no idea what color it might be right now. and she wears glasses which i find adorable on her. sadly i found out through facebook that she has a boyfriend. they've been together for 8 years, so chances are they're not gonna break up any time soon. so the conclusion of my story is that i don't have any "standards" considering hight whatsoever.

• All I can say is I think tall girls are very special. And I don't think I feel that way only 'cause I'm 6'3. I'd love to meet a girl I had good chemistry with that was your height.

• According to some short women that I've seen sharing their opinions, the short women are the ones that choose the tall guys. Those women say that the tall guys make them feel safe. I am a short guy (5'4") but I have toned muscle on my arms. I personally prefer dating women that are my height or taller than me, but I just feel that tall women only like tall guys.

• date a basketball guys.

• No, I'm 5:10 though l know it makes me feel awkward and weird if a girl is like 6:1 for some reason, but if she is the same height or shorter or even 1 inch taller l wouldn't care. It really shouldn't matter as long as your not a LOT taller than him. If he's being like that then he's just being a jerk and stuff. It'd be like a girl saying " l don't want to date a guy because he is only 3 inches taller than me and l want someone with a sculpted jawline"

• Height isn't a big dating standard of mine, unless you're talking 4-6 or 6-8. I would be fine with it; you're almost my height.

A lot of guys like tall girls; look at most of the supermodels.

• Short guy chiming in...
    I like tall girls! <3
    I like short girls as well <3

Fuck... lets just say I like girls! <3

• I don't date a girl based on height or boobs or anything superficial. BUT... If she's a smart girl who just happens to be tall or have big boobs, then great. Lol. If not, then I don't care.

• doesn't matter to me when you are in front of me on your back.

• I'm short, so I don't have many choices anyways so I don't really have standards for height. Do I have a preference, sure, but realistically, as long as the girl can accept that she is taller than me, I could care less how much taller she is.

• I am 5'10" i have dated girls your height

• Lol taller chicks are hotter for me, Long legs >>

• I"m okay with any height as long as you're not towering above me (I am 6 foot even.), I'd be okay with someone 6'2 but probaby not any taller than that.

• intimated? yes. still, if i liked her, i'd still pursue her.

• I m 177 cm. I would date a girl who is 160-170 cm

• I'm 6'1 so as long as your not taller than me I'd date you✌🏽️

• Shorter guys do date taller girls I know 2 couples one married where the girl is about 1 foot taller.
    I'm 23 and very slightly over 6 foot and 5'11 would be a nice hight.
    Though obviously there has to be chemistry and it has to be someone who isn't on the other side of the world.

• Most guys don't care about height

• No I'm 6 foot 3 and you are good