My girlfriend kissed another guy because of a "tradition" what should I do?

She is Czech and right now she is visiting family in Czech Republic, she will come back in a few weeks.
Last week she confessed me that she kissed a childhood friend because of a tradition that every 1 of May you have to kiss someone under a blooming cherry tree.

She told me that she have 0 romantic feelings for this guy and that is just a funny tradition, she find it funny.

It has been bothering me all week and i know that she is telling the truth but still feel rare.

Would you break up with someone because of this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Get over it it's part of her culture

Most Helpful Guy

• Liar! She didn't have to be available to anyone on that day, she simply wanted to scratch that many year itch and he was making her feel good about herself while she was homesick for you. They both got a thrill out of it and maybe that's it.

Breaking up? How dramatic & overboard you sound. Listen sophomore, as you grow older and engage in more social aspects/events in life, you'll realize that the French & other cultures have it right - they kiss on the cheek (s) and hug other social equals upon a function's genesis, at dances, they switch partners - at least everyone at one's table gets a turn! Yes, even the romantic rumbas, et al.

Let me switch on a light for you - you just got the freedom to kiss another in like kind, if you wish but however good that makes you feel, wouldn't it be better to simply hold the upper hand by allowing her to feel a bit guilty? Maybe you cash in on that in seeking extra privileges with her, the dirty girl?

Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 19

• The break-up on that alone would be foolish. You are jealous of her actions. Did you let her know that you didn't like that? Did you make it clear that you won't tolerate it next time? You need to let her know that her actions like that hurt you and if continued will guarantee leaving her. If she laughs it off or ignores it, then a break up makes sense.

• no , it is not an ordinary thing , u dont just go kissing others becoz u think it is funny !! , even if she says it is a part of her culture. u dont have to perform EVERY tradition in ur culture. in my people culture, we used to mummify the dead , it doesn't mean we have to do that now. i think even if it is important to her , she should have talked with u first to see if u are ok with it or not. if she cares about ur feelings. yes u need to respect her traditions , but only if she respects u first. and try to search ur traditions too , may be u can find a tradition that involves having sex with others and try to find out how would she feel about that?

• 😂😂😂 dude. If I were you I would tell her.- Yes I am offended that you did it.. Because I love you and I am fucking selfish and I don't want to share you with anyone.. -
    Really don't be butt-hurt although in fact ask her how was the kiss.. ? Did she enjoyed

• not at all. If they made out maybe... if it was a quick kiss for traditions sake, then so be it.

I've held hands and danced with girls at weddings for traditions sake and i would never have thought of that as cheating.

• You should totally break up with her because you are insane to even think ghis and she deserves better.

• Her explanation is bullshit. But no, don't break up for this. Just go and get drunk and make out with some random hot girl then tell your girlfriend that its a part of your tradition and see whether she accepts it or not

• Just forget it happened.

• What's the problem? Many cultures kiss openly with non-romantic people.

• start a new tradition of you and your ex kissing as well

• Czech girls are hot, slutty and are girls really. Why the fuck if a girl does something or a guy does something everyone loses their shit?

• Kiss or make out? If she just pecked him, don't even sweat it, laugh along with her. You'll feel lots better trust me, and its not big deal.

If they made out, I don't think I would be down with that bro.

• If she's coming home to you then you're the luckiest guy you know. Remember that and abide by the cultures of her home.

• i'd ask her to no longer to so. a hug is fine, i'll [begrudgingly] bend for a peck on the cheek, but kissing is going too far!

• A quick peck or a long tongue kiss? For the first it would be silly to break up.

• What I'd do is that I'd find out if it really is a tradition or if she is bluffing. If its indeed a tradition then I wouldn't really give a damn!

• I think I'm the only one that wouldn't be cool with this... Tradition my ass. Next thing you know, she's at bars, jumping every guys' bones, because it's a "holiday". I may be wrong, but that's just me.

• No, that is stupid.

• It's a kiss...

• Relax. Don't sweat it.