Why do girls have to make us short guys feel like crap?

I hate my height, I cannot stand my height because girls make me feel crap about it. Standing only at 5'10 (with shoes, 5'9 w/o) I wonder did I do something wrong. Did I fail to do something throughout my teenage years that didn't make me as tall as other guys? Did those other guys accomplish something that I didnt? What could I have possibly done to become tall enough to get accepted?

Why do girls have to make me feel bad about something I had zero control over? Do you have any idea what its like to be cursed with something that makes you unattractive and less masculine to the opposite sex and there is nothing you can do to change it.

Why do you have to make us feel bad, why can't you just accept us?

From girls : "I need a guy to be at least 6'1 so I can feel more feminine and protected, short guys make me feel big" -> very common

From guys: "I need a girl with big boobs and amazing ass because if she doesn't have it she's not a real woman, I cannot stand girls with boy bodies " -> less common

Most Helpful Girl

• You're tall in my opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Sexual dimorphism is where the sexes have physical differences, and example of which is that men are, on average, are taller than women. People tend to be attracted to extremes of dimorphism, which is why many guys (except the guys on GAG for some reason) like girls with large breasts, or a large butt, or a very narrow waist, or in your instance short girls.

Sexual selection theory, a branch of evolutionary theory, posits that the differences are seen as signals to which the other sex responds. The larger the difference, the stronger the signal, the greater the response.

What Girls Said 18

• #generalisation604 I don't know what girls ur meeting man. i have no issues with a shorter man. and for me, i consider short to be like 5'5". so to me u aren't short lol

• I don't know what type of girls you've been talking to lol but I would easily date a guy who's 5'9/5'10. Height isn't something you can control, it's mostly in your genetics, sorry :/

• Thats what I was actually alluding to, there is nothing I could have done. Which is why it is a curse, it makes me less masculine and I cannot change it.
      Girls treat tall guys as if their height is something they've accomplished.

• @Asker cmon dude it was one girl. There are tens of thousands more within driving distance probably, you just need to keep going until you find the right one. Girls put far more stock on the face and weight tbh.

• For me once you're above 6 you're just tall lol. I dated 6'3 and that almost bordered on too tall for me.

• That's not even short and I've dated/liked guys shorter than me. I actually prefer guys around my height. And that's hard to find since I'm 5'3.
    Don't blame your own issues on all women

• Its because of woman I have these issues, its a consequence not a cause, I was rejected because I was too short.
      Its not an insecurity that popped out of nowhere for no reason.

• That's not even short though! That's an average height

• You're 5'9. You're acting like you're 5'0. Shut up.

• *cough* 5'9" is internationally average height for men *cough*
    You just have a complex, so you get this idea in your mind and feel like everyone thinks this way, when in reality it doesn't happen.

• I have heard on numerous occasion that girls need to tall man so they can feel small, feminine, wear feels not feel like his mother and other crap like that. Its not in my mind, a lot of girls feel that way about short guys.

Now imagine guys starting telling girls that those that have small boobs and small but are not real woman because they have the bodies of little boys and they would not be considered as dating material.

• Lol girls hear that all the time..

• @jesshkah Do they now really,? I wasent aware. I know for a fact that statements like

I need a tall man to feel safe and protected.
      I feel big and less feminine around short guys.
      I need to wear high heels and have him still be taller than me

Are VERY common among girls.
      If you hear those things from guys I'd like to apology because I know how bad it makes one feel.
      But I still stick to my case that comments like those above are much more comments coming from girls.

• First of all you are definitely not short. At the very least you're average and in some cases you might be tall.
    Sexondly, you should not let one bad experience define the rest of your life. As far as I can say, ths majority of girls just want someone who's a bit taller than them and don't have a specific height and you are taller than a lot of girls.

• What kind of girls do you hang out with? They're just rude. And by the way 5'10 is far from short.

• My only real life experience with this was when I rejected a few years ago because of my height, and she told me she wants a tall guys so she can feel safe with him.

Other than that reading forums I see that a good 90% of girls comment things like

I need a tall man to feel safe and protected
      I need a tall man to wear heels
      I need a tall man so I dont feel big
      Short guys make me feel feminine

When I read this type of things I almost burst out crying as I am not that 6'2, 6'3 or 6'4 guy that can provide. It makes you feel less manly over something you have zero control over.

• Not just one girl, that one girl was my only real life experience.
      I am talking about 90% of comments I read from girls on forums

• That's not an accurate representation. There are plenty of girls who don't care either way or even prefer shorter guys. You are just focusing on forums that are specifically talking about tall guys. The girls that respond to that don't represent ALL girls.

• Why do guys make us women feel like crap. Not just those considered not beautiful by today's beauty canons, just why do guys make women in general and as a whole feel like crap?

• Lol what are you talking about? Guys are less shallow than girls. Girls preferences in guys is so limited and predictable. While our preferences in girls is so vast, diverse, and unpredictable.

• @MyUsernameRules yeah I mean you're a guy I wasn't expecting anything different. But just as an example I have been with guys shorter than me, older than me, less fit than me as well as taller, or fitter guys. And I've never had an issue with anything even similar to physical looks. However if I think of the number of guys that have made me feel like cramp because of my looks without even knowing me, well the list just never ends

• @MyUsernameRules lmao sure.

• My dad and husband both make snide comments about short men... Girls aren't the only ones that do it.

• I'm 3 inches taller than you and even that's tall to me.

• Women liking tall guys is the same as men liking women with curves.

Now, I'd say you're not short. I don't know what 5'10 is in meters exactly though, about 1.80 right?

You just gotta find women that don't mind that height gap. They're out there. Stop being so salty.

• They're way more guys who are willing to date non curvy girls than girls willing to date shorter guys. So no, it's not the same cause we aren't as picky.

• @Avasimmons I want to not get judged because of my height. Its not an random insecurity that popped out of nowhere without any roots. I was rejected because of my height, and I hear over and over again things like

I need a tall man to feel safe
      I need a tall man to wear high heels
      I need a tall man to feel feminine

Am I lying, are girls not actually saying these things?
      If girls can stop judging guys based on height, I will stop feeling insecure.

• You're generalizing. Not all girls do. And by the way, you've got nothing to whine About bc you're pretty fucking tall

• Dude give me a break, you're not even short -,-

• The 5'6 girl who rejected me and destroyed my confidence clearly didn't think so

• What? You're not short so stop whining xD It's probably all in your head, you repel girls because of the insecurity you've built up IN YOUR HEAD. It's the insecurity that bothers most of them girls, not your actual height.

• Then why do I hear over and over again things like

I mean, are girls not saying these types of things? Because I sure know when I hear this I feel like crap.

Imagine guys going around saying girls with small boobs and butts are not real woman because they have the bodies of little boys, I could never feel like a man with them.

• The answers here were quite generous. But pretty much when I read forums it seems to be that 90% of girl's opinions fluctuate around the statements

I need a tall man to feel safe / wear heels / feel feminine

Or maybe I am just delusional and only see what I want to see, but I feel like the number is at 90%.
      My only real life experience with this was when I was rejected because of my height a couple of years back. I was then told a tall man was needed for the safety thing.

• Yeah, I'd say you're just delusional and only see what you want to see.
      I see plenty of short guys having girlfriends, shorter than you... cause like I said, you're not short dammit.

• 5'10 would be perfect for me. you're just chasing after the wrong women.

• I am 5 foot. If he's a little taller than me I'm happy. I don't want a step stool to kiss him. If I had a guy about 5"4 I am happy as hell :)

• I don't know why some girls are shallow like that. I honestly couldn't care less since I look like a potato the fact that anyone would like me is rare.

• I'm sure you are a sweet potato :D

• Haha, thank you. :)

• Are you serious 5'10 is the perfect height tf? Lol. The guy i'm interested in is 5'10 and he's perfect. I am very very short though so anything above 5'2 is considered tall to me lol. Don't worry! Many girls can overlook height.

• You're 5'10? That's fine with me! As long as you're not under 5'5 if totally date you 😘

What Guys Said 14

• Because the media imposes unrealistic ideals on both genders now. They got women first... but clearly it's hitting guys too. Big/short guys are depicted as funny in the media... so not boyfriend material. Big boobs/ass has been a cliche for years now especially with the internet and I'm sure a galaxy's worth of porn videos. Shallow, feeble minded little girls and boys eat the media up and get these messages pounded into their head that they have to be this or that. I personally feel that pressure- I've been pushing myself to lose weight and get tattoos. I'm short too... so I have to fix my body in other ways. It's bullshit, but I'm not trying to die alone either. In conclusion- it's not you. It's the media and the morons who eat it up.

• Hahaha Only at 5'9/10 YOUR NOT SHORT! I'm around 5'10 that's roughly average mate. P. S people overestimate the size of everything and many guys who are 5'9 claim to be 6 foot as they think that's what the average is and would feel inadequate otherwise. Most girls probably think a 5'11 guy is 6'1. I'm around the same height as you and I don't feel bad being the average height of a male why should I? Think you might have an inferiority complex.

• Girls complain about how guys make them feel insecure about their weight and all that bullshit yet continue to praise tall guys way more than we praise skinny and fit girls. Their hypocrisy is unreal. I'm 5'8 myself. This is why I gave up on girls and chose to accept a single life till death. Mind is at a much greater peace when you're not feeling like you're never good enough for them and what can you do to improve yourself.

• i'm pretty sure 5'10 is average. i just think girls don't like ya fam :/

• Girls enjoy undermining a guys masculinity and lowering his self esteem.

• 5'10" and you're crying like a bitch... Try being 5'5"

• Oh boy you're 5'9, I'm 5'7 never has anyone made me feel like crap because of my 170cm height. I can care less what others think of my height and really why care? Most girls are pretty short themselfs at 5'5.

#firstworldproblems

• funny i'm 5'10 - 5'9... and i've never felt short.

i don't feel tall, but definitely never felt short.

• I'm 5 10 and l rarely feel short. I wouldn't date a girl who would objectify you like that dude. Your taller than most girls anyways. If a girl would not date you for that then l would honestly say their not worth your time.

• I'm 5'10. I love my height. Not too tall and not too short. I'm the right porridge that goldilocks will always choose. :)

• 5'10" isn't even short. It's average at the very least, and maybe even a little above average. I'm 5'11", and while I may not be "tall" exactly, I've never been described as "short."

• I'm short and fat. It's near impossible to be both.

• Women on the Internet may, not real women outside the computer screen

• Stop complaining. Try being 5'2" like me. What I would give to be your height...