Why was this guy staring at me?

Long story short, I went to an event today and at dinner I caught this one guy staring at me more than once. My brother was there too so I think he might have been a bit scared to make a move.

Anyway, why would a guy stare at you (thinking you're not noticing) and then looking away when you looked at them?

What Guys Said 2

• He was probably shy and unsure of how to approach you in a social situation. Happens to the best of us.

• Simple, he is probably very shy or unsure of himself. I am also shy and suffer from social anxiety, so i can relate to what went on. He was looking at you, trying to muster up the courage to approach you, but if your brother was there and if your brother is around your age, the guy probably thought you were taken or with a friend or something. This could have caused him to doubt whether to approach and as a result he looked for a opportunity to either see if you were taken or if he should even attempt to approach.
    Just a recommendation though, don't think guys like him are creepy or weird. They are probably great guys who are just afraid of rejection from the approach.

What Girls Said 1

• It seems you've caught his eye.