Boyfriend wants to go to prom with another girl?

Okay so I'm a senior and he's a senior as well, we've been friends for 4 years now and he and I have been dating for almost 6 months now. So I went to prom last year with my girlfriends and I didn't have a date but I had an amazing time. This year, I can't go to prom and my mom won't let me and so he and I can't go together. He wants to bring another girl to prom because he's always had this perfect idea of bringing a girl to prom and I told him no because I didn't like the idea and regardless if they were a friend or not, I don't want him to be with another girl. Is it bad that I won't let him? Should I let him go with another girl? I need opinions!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• You really didn't give him much of a choice: you can't go to the prom, your mom won't let you go to the prom... but he still wanted to go to the prom. You said that the both of you have been dating for 6 months but made no mention about being his only girlfriend. That said, there is nothing you said about having a exclusive relationship that prevented dating others. You forced him to decide upon three choices: don't go to the prom, go to the prom alone, or go with another girl to the prom. But you stated that he wants to go to the prom. By your actions, his only choice left was to go to the prom with another girl. If you don't want him to go with another girl, then you need to talk to him and let him know that in exact terms but you must also make yourself available for that prom.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would side eye hard on this one. Like he can just as easily go with a *group* of girl and guy friends and have way more fun than if he's playing out his perfect little ideal that includes who knows what all.

Compromise and tell him you're okay with him going with a group or invite him over for dinner that night but I wouldn't be okay with him playing out some fantasy date.

What Guys Said 7

• If you don't feel threaten by the girl and you know their friends I think you should. It's not his fault that you can't go and it's one of those memory things you look back on. I think you should keep trying to convince your mom but if she doesn't budge and the girl isn't a threat let him have that moment.

• This seems like a situation where it depends on who the other girl really is. It should be ok for him to go with that girl if she's been like his best friend or something? But I would be a bit suspicious if she's some other girl that you don't know.

• If you know in her heart she's just a friend and you don't feel threatened, then I'd say you should let him if he cares about it that much. It's his senior prom.

• if he's not willing to give up some stuff to please you then i don't see your relationship really lasting past high school anyways.

remember -------- love is an action

• I would let him go. I'm going to prom with a friend who has a boyfriend and I know a few other people who are going with friends. It's not really a big deal

• if you trust him you should let him go this is something he will remember for the rest of his life.

• Are you listening to yourself? "Should i let him go to his Senior Prom?" lol. ... and what's up with your moms' ruining your senior prom. That's kinda nuts. Moving on, It's fine... it'll be fine. Prom is something that's a forgettable event when you go but can haunt you if you don't. It's not like you're giving him a pass to fuck her. I think being weird about this will push him away. Showing him you trust will go a long way in your relationship. If you two are serious.

What Girls Said 0