I like someone my dad said is off limits. What do I do?

There is this guy at work that I like but everyone tells me he is bad news. There is just something about him that I can't get over and it is possible that the only reason I like him is because my dad said I can't.
what should I do

Most Helpful Guy

• He is a very fast wagon and you will enjoy the ride but eventually get bored.. And that wagon will never stop and if you want to get off the ride you will have to jump.. And if you jump you will fall and get hurt pretty bad when it ends..

What Guys Said 15

• At your age, I would say better to listen to your parents. I think it is fair to ask for more of an explanation for why he's off-limits than just him being "bad news", but at the end of the day, keep in mind that your dad is only saying it because he cares about you and has the best of intentions to keep you from getting hurt

• Unless you want war in the house , do as he says. If your dad don't like him he probably has good reason. And if you persist with dude just because your dad forbid it is just asking for trouble , and trouble will answer you

• You work with him, your dad doesn't like him, you're under 18.
    The chance of any relationship starting at your age actually lasting is so small that its not worth fucking up your work life and annoying your parents over. I would just leave it alone, there are plenty of guys to chose from so why chose the one that your dad doesn't like?

• Well, he seems to be a bad boy, that's what girls your age want, they want the drama and their heart in pieces because that's how it works in movies XD

Why don't you use your brain and stay away from that guy? You may still be a kid, but you can start acting like an adult.

• If he's over 18 and your under it then definitely best to listen to the parents as the trouble you both can get is you emotional trauma and him in jail.

• Obedience is better than sacrifice. But all the same learn to follow your conscience

• Just get the hell over it and move on...
    He must be someone your should get with and tie dad is just protecting you

• lol another player who is making a good girl chase him..

please listen to your parents, your gonna get hurt.
    what is it that you can't get over, explain

• If everyone says he's bad news than he his. Listen to them. Save yourself the heartbreak.

• You fuck him to get back at the old man! Yeeeaaa!!!

• You listen to your dad.

• Don't talk to him.

• 36. Do what you want!

• He's probably a douche bag that's why you like him just admit it.

• Listen to your father. He's right. Usually those "bad boys" that women love so much, never amount to anything. Best thing for you to do is get over the thought that you want that guy, and find a guy with goals for higher education or something to that extent. "Bad boys" may get the women, but educated men go a lot farther in life. The other thing I recommend is focus on school and worry about getting yourself a education that will further your goals.

What Girls Said 10

• Id say listen to your parents but at your age you'll probably want to do the opposite and end up getting crushed wondering "why didn't I listen to my parents?"
    Your father is your biggest fan and will do anything to stop you from getting hurt. Is it really that bad to listen to his wisdom?

• You have to make your own mistakes to really realize why you shouldn't make those mistakes again, so go for it. Learn for yourself why everyone warns you away from him.

• Everyone including your father is telling you to stay away from this guy. You are fighting reality. You want what you want and nobody's going to tell you any different. You probably have to make a mistake and then learn from your mistakes. Just be certain that you use a condom and when he breaks your heart and you see he's just a player everyone around you and say I told you so

• I'm sure you haven't spoken to the guy, trust your dad on this. He knows

• if the only reason is because ur dad opposes, then it is not a good enough reason!

See what I mean? ;)

Be smart about it. Dont go delivering your heart to just about anyone and, especially, not just to spite your parents! :)

• Trust the people who love and care about you.

• Probably listen to your father? He was once a teenage boy too girl, he knows what runs through their heads especially if they're 'bad news'

• believe your dad! boys suck!

• I've been there before. Trust me when i tell you my dad was right. This dude almost screwed up my relationship with my parents. I was dating him without my parents knowing but he told his mom everything and he's mom and my dad were business partners. every situation is different but sometimes, parents know whats up.

• You're very young. In this case there's likely a reason. Stay away.