Do you reply to "no follow up question" texts?

My crush moved away and I didn't hear from him for 10 days. I finally reached out to him on Facebook asking him hows in new country. He replied 2 days after saying it's been great but weird and that he barely has wi-fi there. And that was it, he didn't asked me anything back. I didn't reply to that because I didn't know what to reply, I was just glad to hear that he is doing good. Then 3 days later he asked me why am I ignoring him? What? I don't get it, who's at fault here?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• It depends. Sometimes it's difficult because you start to wonder if they don't really want to chat at that particular moment , or if they are too busy.

I usually message again, but if the person only keeps responding, or just gives a short response each time , I don't message back, and just wait for them to initiate.

It's uncomfortable and awkward messaging someone when you feel that trying to have a convo is like trying to get blood out of a stone

• Guessing he expected you to reply
    It's just a misunderstanding so just tell him the truth that you didn't really have anything to add to the convo.

• Just tell him that you didn't know what else to say and that you were expecting him to ask you a question but he didn't.