Ladies, what can a guy do to increase his chances on the approach or during conversation?

So, as we all know, men don't get women, generally. I'm curious as to what we can do to get you interested? I've been rejected more times than I would ever like to admit, but I continually ask why. "Why didn't she like me?", "Why didn't she seem interested?", etcetera, etcetera. So I'll cut to the chase. Ladies, what do you expect from us in a approach? Be as detailed as you would like, shoes, shirt, presentation, smell, go crazy and spill it all. You're the ones we want to please, so enlighten us.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your confidence is one thing that is great. Many guys wimp out after being rejected or even blame the female for not liking them. But your attitude is great. Instead of letting it down you, you figure out how to fix it. 😁

Anyway, things that will get you rejected are
    -bad hygeine
    -ugly clothes (I'm not shallow but many girls are so just be on the safe side)
    -too old or too young
    -not relatable enough
    -bad conversational skills
    -bad attitude
    -suspicious seeming (seem like a pervert or wierdo)
    -too forward
    -we are uncomfortable with
    A. Talking/were shy
    B. Being around our or your friends while flirting
    C. Our appearance (you would be surprise how often girls wanna flee if they don't feel pretty enough to be talked to at the moment)
    -your too ugly
    -you don't seem cool enough
    By cool I mean calm, smooth, carefree, you get the just. If you have any of these problems fix them immediately and it will greatly better your chances. by the way, ugliness can be compensated for coolness and popularity in some cases. Hope that helps. 😊

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• Less bragging in the conversation, show me what you can offer instead of keep telling me what you have. Being consistent not hot and cold. Compliments don't work on me, a nice tease could do a better job on me. Be realistic, having plans in mind. Nicely shaved, at least for the face that I can see at once. Nothing smell like you just ran for 20 miles. Smiling, show me you are friendly. No smoking. Have some interesting stories to share. The most important thing is no faking, which is be yourself. Be natural... best luck :)

• Men do get women so long as they don't approach by making it obvious that all they want is to get some pussy, straight off the bat.

A good way to approach someone you're interested in is with an icebreaker; ie. asking them a question that you know would be relevant for wherever you guys are (like in class, at the gym, etc..).

• Bluntness. Cut the shit and tell me why you're here, why you approached me, and what you want. That's how my current boyfriend got me. He just walked up to me and told me I was the most beautiful woman he ever saw and asked for my number. Now, here we are.

• Just to echo what others have mentioned, be yourself. Try the vanilla approach, as they call it. "Hi" or "hello" is good to start with. Then introduce your self to the girl talk about general everyday things. Even better if you keep it light and airy by adding some banter to make her laugh. Don't get too personal until you know each other a little better. Iove it when people have an air of mystery about them, its like reading a book, it can seem a bit insipid at first but the more you read it the more exciting it gets. I'm not really all that fussed about what your wearing, as long as its not something obscene. Hygiene is always important, make sure you are clean and your breath is fresh. No one likes ass breath. Lol. Put on some of your fave fragrance or I dare you to use lynx temptation, to see if the lynx affect works. ;) lol. Good luck.

• Take a shower, shave, nice cologne, dressy-casual outfit... but be you... don't try to hard to be funny or tough, ask us our interests, leave sex out of the conversation for awhile... unless you only want to hook up, tell us your intentions; straight up, tell us about yourself!! If you play a sport or instrument... we like that!

• I have eyes so an attractive man just needs to be a gentleman and look fresh.
    Not any male can waltz in and seduce me with lines/nice clothes if I dont find his face/body attractive.
    For a man to become my boyfriend there is intense mutual attraction and friendship. You cannot fake that with a woman that has a strong sense of worth.

• Try telling her that you think she is really nice and would love it if you two could go out some time
    You need to show her you like her so perhaps some flowers?
    Also have an idea for a date
    Do your research though ( see what sort of things she like )
    And for example if she like scary things
    Take her too see a horror
    Make sure you are confident as if you are wimpy and quiet they will think you are not ready for a girlfriend
    If they say no
    Just say ok that's fine
    See you around
    Or something
    Don't make them feel guilty

• keep me interested!

• Look nice. Wear clothes that flatter you and reflect your personality. Be confident, but not cocky. Try to get to know the girl for who she is, maybe give her a compliment. I like when guys want to know my major, because even though it can bring up the boring topic of school, he can find out what I want to do with my life, which I love to talk about. Then I can find out what he wants to do. That alone says something about both people's personalities. Ask the girl clarifying questions, i. e. if you are at a party, ask what she's drinking. If you're at the gym, ask how her workout is going and compliment her shoes or something. Just have a conversation!

• I will speak for myself - I am highly attracted to the alpha male. I like men who are very talkative with me, outgoing with others, and who actively pursue me/try to impress me.

Every time a man asks me out in this context, I say yes.

• Just be chill, good company, and have a sense of humor. That's what keeps me interested.

• Have a job have an education have a personality and a sense of human. And stop worrying about your shoes

• say something interesting. don't use cheesy pick up lines. strike up a convo about something she's interested in.

• Maybe it's not that your approach wasn't good enough... Ever think that maybe you're just ugly, dude?

The only advise I'd give is to get a defined jawline implant, and a rhinoplasty.

• A college student up to his ears in costs getting a rhinoplasty? Plus why would anyone waste that type of money on a chance to better or look fake. And no, it's not because I'm ugly. I' average looking, with little to no fat and no tattoos or body mods. I'm just a very reserved person with social anxiety, and that's usually why things go sour quick.

• So, you're saying even if someone is ugly they stand no chance in the dating scene? Doesn't that prove that some women are shallow for judging someone based on appearance. If a woman only worries about appearances would they be kind of fake? I mean if the only way they will accept a man is if they can look at them and think everyone else would be jealous. That's kinda pathetic in reality because just because they may be the best looking chances are they aren't the smartest or will go places.(note- I'm not saying good looking people are ignorant. I'm just say that usually the successful aren't the best looking.)

• No, I'm saying they stand a lesser chance. There is nothing shallow about being picky when it comes to who you want to let squirt semen into your womb, injecting their genetic coding into you, and being half of your future child. What you are/aren't sexually interested in is not a voluntary choice. It's an opinion.

• just be yourself and dont try to be someone your not.. dont use any pick up lines obviously... have some confidence...

• I don't know be stupid

• Honestly just compliment her. But don't overdue it. A guy I work with simply said he likes the way I do dishes (since I stand five feet away from the stuff and spray it to avoid getting hit with anything) . We're good friends now although I understand you're talking about more than friends but it still works

What Guys Said 1

• chloroform

• Not cool man, not cool...

• Fine fine use ether then! Traditionalist sheesh