How long til he'll call?

So we had a great date this past weekend. After meeting online, I felt it went really well, we spent two hours together and we each ignored our phones and were talking a mile a minute to each other, lots of questions, intense eye contact, all that. He walked me to my car, then we hugged and he kissed my cheek during the hug. He told me it was great to meet me and to text him when I get home. I made the mistake with other guys of texting too soon so I texted the next morning just like thank you for a nice time. He has yet to respond, so tomorrow is day three without any response. What is going on? Bascally if I hear nothing tomorrow I'm forgetting it and moving on.

Most Helpful Guy

• he asked you to text him when you got home to make sure you got home ok. thats a respectful thing.
    texting the next day was late in my opinion since he specifically asked to text him then.
    I have no idea why he hasn't replied. he's busy, doesn't know what to say, has 3 other girlfriends. could be anything.
    frustrating waiting and wondering hugh? what did you text him a day late... that you had a nice time and look forward to hearing from him?

• Yes but I had a guy say that before and probably not mean it cause our connection fizzled soon after so I don't want to bug him by texting RIGHT when i got home. I said "hey thanks for a fun night! :) sorry i fell asleep right once I got home!" cause before this, he would reply pretty quickly so I assumed I didn't have to say A LOT as he would just reply and we would talk like normal. Is it possible he's doing the three day thing because he thought I wasn't interested?

• I don't see how he'd think you weren't interested based on what you described. as well, the 3 day thing is done with texting, but he may not know that. he does sound like he may be a bit more old fashioned.
      so I really don' know, I'd give him a week. how do you feel about reaching out to him after that?

• I felt that he was a bit old fashioned in his approaches, but in the best way. I could see him being the type to wait three days, but I also could see the alternative. He had been a consistent and attentive texter until then, and took care of all the details for the date so this is throwing me. Honest;y, if I don't hear anything in a week I'd hope I would've already forgotten about it and wouldn't still be thinking so no, I don't think I'd text him.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should have texted when you got home. Texting the next morning kinda ignored his nice gesture of wanting to know you got home safely, and your "thanks for a good time" text sounds like an afterthought out of politeness. HE probably thinks YOU are the one who's not interested.

• I hope not but I was concerned with coming on too strong texting right once I got home. He tol me he goes to bed early so I didn't think it would matter, it was within 12 hours of the end of the date

• I don't think he's the kind to appreciate a double text from me, he seems like pretty direct so I would assume if he isn't replying to my first text then I shouldn't send another...

• Well if he was direct wouldn't be appreciate a direct answer and reason why you did what you did?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• AWW! CAN'T U CALL HIM?

• Double text him.
    Say "Hey, I hope me not texting you the same night bothered you."

Or something along the lines of that.
    Try one more time and if no response you will see where you stand. He has other chicks he's talking to as well.

• Why don't you call him?

• No hurt in calling him. He may even be waiting to hear from YOU? What have you got to lose anyway? At least the date was fun right?