Has anyone here given up on finding a life partner?

What made you give up/lose hope? How old were you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I sacrificed everything for one girl I thought she was an angel and felt so sorry because I believed her stories about how hard her life was and how people used her, so I went after her blindly and never believed any stories about her and I even fought my family and friend and went to a different country with her to start a new life with her and marry her, she was everything that an angel can be and do, so while I was deep drunk in love and working my ass off day and night to collect enough money for the wedding and buying furniture for the house while she was sitting at home, one day I had a phone call when I was on a work trip and then after few investigation and phone calls for couple of days, I discovered that everything was a game she was cheating on me with multiple number of guys and even back in my country all stories were right and she played a game to make my friends and family fight with me ! she even tried to cheat on me with my friend, and when everything was clear and I had the chance to talk to her over phone she was laughing and talking crazy and saying that I wasn't an enough man for her and I didn't do anything for her !
    so I didn't go back, I got heart broken and was locking my self in home for three months, cause I lost my family, friends, dream job, house, car, money I was collecting for years believing a psycho lair slut !
    so yes I can't trust anyone no matter how an angel she looks like cause you never can know what's behind that face !
    I'd rather build my life back, take care of my family and adopt two children and sleep comfortably at night !

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm kind of at that point now. I am 26 and I've been online for a while. I don't meet single guys when I'm out and about. So it's kind of tough for me to meet anyone

I'm at the point now where I'm just trying to enjoy the life I have right now. I am getting a lot of pressure from my mom to have kids, but I don't even have anyone in my life right now. It makes me feel really sad at times. But I've told her I have a hard time meeting guys.

I guess what's making me want to give up is that I don't see any progress. Like I've put in effort and have been trying, but guys have lukewarm interest at best. And they won't really put much effort in after a couple dates. Which is okay if they aren't interested, but I don't know why they aren't.

People always ask what's wrong with me, but I have no idea. I'm really nice and I treat guys really well.

• There really doesn't have to be anything wrong with you there may be lots of guys you would like who would like to meet you. You just haven't met them yet.
      I'm thinking of trying a weekly speed dating event. I can't vouch for it from experience but it makes sense it would be a good place to meet someone since the whole time will be with single in your case men your age.

• I haven't been able to make a relationship work yet. In university I wanted a proper relation ship but I really struggled to open up and talk about anything personal.
      Before that I was even worse as I remember was also ultra paranoid my parents would disapprove and I was even more defensive quite possibly because id been bullied in high school.
      I just hope I can be more open this time if I meet some one.

• @sedrftvgyhujik Being open is something a lot of people struggle with I think. I know I certainly did. But I don't think that is going to hamper any relationships. You just have to be willing to work on it. You just need to find the right person. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. I'm taking a break from dating. Hopefully I can find someone, but I just deleted my online profile. I wasn't getting any interest, so I just stopped. I got tired of casting my net and getting nothing :(

What Guys Said 17

• I don't know about give up, but quit fora while. Around 26 I gave up for a while. I re-started in 30's. haven't given up yet. It does seem exceptionally harder than it should be.

In some ways having more people (more options) probably makes it more confusing... like choosing a shirt when there are so many styles and colors..

• I'm too young to quit lol.

same goes for everyone who is younger than me.

• I've known for a long time that marriage was not for me. Most people in our generation are just too selfish to make a marriage work. No one wants to give up any part of themselves to make a relationship work because everyone's a star now on IG. I think previous generations were much better than ours because they were tougher and yet more giving at the same time.

• Of course not and I never will.

• I didn't started...
    I won't start a wild goose chase

• I don't focus on that. I'm focused on building a great life. I'm sure I'll meet someone I like along the way.

• Yes. I abandoned that project years ago.

• I would like to know why Sir! If you can please?

• @Selfmade992
      continued...
      As I grew older, I became aware of changes that had been made to divorce, property and custody law, as well as child-support orders.
      When that is combined with the current divorce rate of 50 per cent, it means that any man who forms a relationship with a woman is taking a 50/50 risk that she will use a divorce court to take everything that he has, then use a child-support order to turn him into her impoverished slave for the rest of his life.
      In some US jurisdictions alimony can be added to that toxic mix of risks.
      If the man is unwilling, or unable, to pay, the state sends armed enforcers to put the man in chains and drag him away to the modern version of debtors' prison.
      Here in Australia, the law is similar to US divorce law, although we do not have alimony. We used to have that. It was called maintenance.
      Changes to law throughout the Western world have made women so legally dangerous and toxic that a relationship is close to a suicidal risk.

• Thank you so much for telling me.
      I totally understand and its logical reasons to not want to go through this. But still, isn't it hard to spend a lifetime without a woman by our side? It's hard to jump from a relationship to another just to avoid settling down!
      You know you can still have a real relationship and it's isn't necessary to get married!
      I really hope you find some special lady and I truly wish you the best in life.
      Have a great day Sir!

• I'm almost there, but not quite yet.

• Have you? You are only 20 something! Less then half my age! Your life isn't over, it has just begun! You never knows what comes your way. Just keep an open mind. 😊

• Nahh

• I've never even started trying.

• I never look for that... they find me for some reason

• Have you?

• I'm hanging in there, trying my very best.

• Never started

• Heck no. I will find her!!!

• I'm 24 and I gave up a year ago after a very bad relationship and a sudden health problem.. But I met this wonderful woman, we're in one of the weirdest relationships I don't even have a name for it.. But I know it's not a one that will last.. So!

What Girls Said 5

• If I told u what made me give up you cry lol. Multiple thing's and multiple people is what I'll say to make things uncompleted and short. A couple days before my body last year which is the winter time... that's when I gave up and I'm content with my choice. Hey cat ladies aren't so bad and someone has to take that L's, YOLO☺

• I think in all honesty, that I would if this current relationship does not work out. I have been through so, so much pain in my life so far, and I have realised that I am really content by myself, I'm an INFJ, so I am very introverted and rarely enjoy being near others as much as I enjoy myself alone-I even take myself on little dates and things haha.

• never. why should i give up? I'm 21 dammit.

• Im so close :)

• nope. I'm just 19 haha