How to turn one night stand into FWB?

Last week, my friend invited me out to a local bar with her and a couple of her guy friends. My friend left early, but I was okay with hanging out a while longer. I ended up having a great conversation with one of the guys, which led to us dancing, and eventually us going back to my place. I had blacked out while we were still at the bar (but apparently acted coherent) and he blacked out sometime on the way to drive me home, so we were both a little shocked waking up in my bed together. We openly talked things out that morning and pieced enough together to find out we didn't have sex. With that panic out of the way, we just relaxed in my bed and laughed and talked for a couple of hours until he had to drop me back off at my vehicle. He asked for my number, but I figured I wouldn't hear from him again. Somewhat surprisingly, he texted me that same afternoon because he wanted to make sure I had his number, as well. We texted back and forth a couple of times, and he jokingly blamed me for him zoning out that entire day, which I took to mean I kept him out all night, not that he was zoned out thinking of me. I gave a safe, generic response, and that was the end of that conversation, which was 3 days ago. I'm assuming that the whole text conversation was just a polite follow-up to spending the night together, but I did enjoy hanging out and would like to see him again on a casual basis. I hate to reach out and get rejected, mostly because I don't want to ruin the chance of a new friendship locally. I also don't know how our mutual friend would feel about all of this. I only told her that he drove me home, which she was happy about. What's the safest way to go about pursuing this casual relationship, with a low risk of messing with any of these friendships? Or is it just a disaster waiting to happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• just by saying he let's do this more often maybe?

• Yeah, I just don't want to make that first move if he was hoping to brush me off. I don't know if I should strike up a simple conversation (might seem like I can't take a hint) or just go in with a direct approach (riskier than being subtle).

• Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should talk to him about it. Odds are he will probably accept. Yes, I think it's a disaster waiting to happen, but that's always my opinion when it comes to such stuff.

• It probably will be a disaster, but so it goes. I just left it alone, and he texted me yesterday and this morning with small talk. I see it playing out that he just texts me until he gets bored with it. It seems to be the typical progression of these scenarios.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• By asking.