How can I stop myself from constantly crying over not having/never having a boyfriend at age 21?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should count yourself as one of the lucky ones... its not all its put up to be, the drama is unreal. Wish I could say the same, but im on the other side of that spectrum lol. Trust me on this though, work on becoming a better person, and guys will notice. if worse case comes to the worst, im sure you have a crush or something, do the asking yourself. Its better to have some experience on relationships before its marriage season, lets you know what to and what not to expect when rings come into play.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to think something was wrong with me when I didn't have a boyfriend. But what I learned from my first relationship is that you don't need a boyfriend to make yourself feel good about yourself. And that being in a relationship is more than just saying "I love you." There's commitment involved and responsibilities, communication, trustworthy, etc and sometimes unnecessary drama and pointless arguments. If you want a boyfriend put yourself out there. Go out and meet people and socialize with people. I learned the the hard way that having a boyfriend isn't everything. There are many people in the same boat as you so don't get so upset about it. Just focus on yourself and do you and be you.

What Guys Said 13

• wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/.../...-Keep-Swimming.gif

Your whole life isn't based on not having a boyfriend. Think about all your other accomplishments and just enjoy life and doing your thing. I man will come.

• its been..10 years maybe longer since i had a girl freind. and while it sounds sad its really relaxing , and not just because im 43 and have excepted my fate or any of that other new age stuff. i just dont feel like i want to be in a relationship. but i can't say i will feel like that tomorrow if i meet a girl. but im not breaking my neck for some social status only some young kid would do that. i can't afford the hospital bill from hurting myself trying to keep up with that stuff.

• Your life is great you don't need a boyfriend. You shoukd not date anyone just because you are lonely. Wait for the right guy to come alone.

• Remind yourself that a LOT of people are in the same boat as you, both men and women. Hell, I've never had a girlfriend either. I feel like you do sometimes, although I may not be as emotional about it as you. If anything, use this as motivation to improve yourself.

• Well remember that there are people in their 30s who haven't had an SO either.

• What have you done to try to get a date?

• There's more to life then having a boyfriend. Get a good job, cool friends, go to concerts and just enjoy life.

• ;) lol But seriously, why is it worth crying over? Why do you need a guy to make you feel good as an individual?

• im 25 and no gf… I'm from maryland. how about urself?

• Watch a lot of porn with a strong storyline.

• I didn't have a girlfriend until I was 21. I feel sorry that you are crying over this fact, but it is truly not the end of the world. Do you have friends you trust to possibly set you up with someone? I know that's not exactly the best way to meet someone, but give it a chance with them around. If it goes south at least they will be there so you have them to walk away with. They can also be a great vetting source for an individual. Friends will do checks on someone to make sure you are safe before you go out, or they set you up with someone if they are true friends.

• By knowing that you have not found anyone compatable with you yet. You are still you with or without a guy. While it should be a goal to be in a relationship with some one it should not be to high of a priority. Just smile and relax at least you don't have your whole family constantly on your back about it.

• Why would you cry? you didn't even break up
    I'm 23 and i never cried over not having a girlfriend

What Girls Said 7

• Hey girl, just focus on school or a career. That stuff will come later, don't be sad, you are worth so much to the world. Go out there and conquer it :)

• Don't think about it?
    You aren't the only person on this planet in the same situation, and why is it that important in the first place?

• It's important for many reasons. People like experience. People without experience aren't desireable to people with experience.

Biology. We are here for a limited amount of time. And one of the greatest things someone can achieve is to share a life with someone and to create life.

Procreation is literally our reason to exist. We are no different to any bug, mammal, or reptile.

To not have a "first" by this age, 20's, you feel like a failure because the new social norm is now basically allowing children to have relations before the age of 10. Meaning a 10 year old has gotten further than you... Which makes you feel like a failure

• @schnipdip
      Honestly, I would be more worried about this at 25...

• saying that I should start worrying at 25 does not make me feel any better ): I have exactly four more years until I am 25 and I am freaking out about how I will 'suddenly' meet my significant other...

• Well, if you're sad about lack of sexual experience... I mean have you watched porn or masturbated or used toys? Sure none of that may be real, but you'd be far from immature or not knowing anything about your likes/dislikes and your body.

If it's about the emotional side... most people including me have A LOT of drama in their relationships. And breakups or even ghosting can be really common. You could be crying right now about an evil guy too. So don't feel bad for no reason!

• And if you're worried about finding a boyfriend eventually and if he'll be disappointed with you sexually, just tell him a slight lie that you've only had hookups or a boyfriend or 2. Just learn along the way and you'll be fine.

• And if you want to find a boyfriend, then I'd suggest either practice being more social and start flirting with guys, or just stop focusing on finding one. people pop up when you don't think about them. Srsly, it happens that way all the time for whatever the reason.

• You don tknow your true self worth without relying on external factors.

• Why would you cry about it? Is not that important but you can always find ways to get a boyfriend.

• It'll happen babe

• Get a boyfriend :)