What do you think of online dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• in general, it is harder than meeting someone in passing, at school, etc.. But it is its own thing and can be an avenue to meet people, it takes a lot of work and filtering though and maturity to handle... because "social" media is more cold than in person.
    - you must build a good profile that conveys what you want to convey. Get professional photos. You must be conscious of what you write that it will attract or detract certain people, like any marketing does. Then you must filter out people and deal with the confusion of messaging. Avoid texting too long, and meet in person if you think the basics are there. there is no substitute for being in person. At your age, I'd be ultra careful and try to have a friend know what you are doing and whereabouts. I'm amazed at how bold females are these days and what they do and how they trust.

Most Helpful Girl

• A serious laughing joke and most times i think people are just pranking or trolling to get attention.

What Guys Said 20

• Online dating is not bad and many meet up in person, however just like any dating scenario there are winners and losers, so each person will need to be evaluated on their merits of character and bounced against your values and beliefs, however keep in mind that some of their values and beliefs although different may still be in line with having a moral outlook.

• I hate it.

• It's fine as long as online dating becomes offline at some point, and you take safety into account. Meet in public for coffee for something.

I did it for a while, but found most of the women were so worried over meeting some of the horror story men they couldn't relax. I found it easier to just not bother with it. Meeting through friends works out better.

• It's just another way to meet someone. There's nothing wrong with it.

• its a joke from what i have learned. i dont see anything coming from it unless you meet the person face to face or something. anything else and its probably just an online self gratification thing.

• i think it depends on how people are honest , geniuine and looking for something real. i had bad experiences but also good ones, i guess it all depends on the vibe you get from the person and if you feel the person is special enough. Of course I always ask for an add on Facebook first and video chat with the person for precaution !

• I have never done ldr, online stuff. My experience is just people I meet irl

• Doesn't work for most guys, nor feels real.

• As in the people that think they are in a relationship by chatting with some username over the internet, or as in people meet on dating sites and then meet up and get to know one another?

• I'll give you a similar answer I gave to the "How to use Tinder" take.
    It will work as long as you are good looking. For you, it can work, for example. As for me, on various dating websites since 3 months. Not a single date yet.

• will probably give it a try soon... make it easier I think

• I believe in love, and it doesn't matter to me if it's online or offline. It doesn't matter to me where she lives either bc if both want it, nothing's stopping them.

• been doing it so long its 2nd nature

• It's ok. It can have its moments

• I hate them and I should be the reason why you shouldn't sign up for one.

• Guys that aren't 10/10 don't stand a chance.

• i think its ok
    i mean if you plan on meeting one day it shouldn't matter how you "met"

• I am thinking of giving it a shot, in my daily life there aren't many girls around (I work in a field where girls are rare, the ladies at the company aren't my age and i don't like going to bars etc). Online dating sounds like it finally will bring some momentum in my love life and it would allow me to find a girl that fits me.

• From what I've heard girls get bombarded with messages by a bunch of dudes everyday so it's actually harder for a guy to get noticed online than it is offline since any attempt to introduce himself to a girl online will get lost in a million other messages from other guys.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• I think it's a bit risky considering how many people like to lie on the Internet.

• Tbh, its not really for me.

ie: Most people think my pics & profile totally fake and I no longer
    have the energy to convince them otherwise.

• I think its fine. I don't see anything wrong with it.

• i prefer to see in person... more real. i think

• Only one things comes to mind... catfish

• It's unnecessary

• Hate it