Would you marry someone who's not interested in carrier or salary, not due lack of ambitions but because he/she wants to be a volunteer forever?

• Yes, because...
  • No, because...
I think the question has been misread. I meant to say, if you actually love someone, are you willing to leave every material possession to become a volunteer at a campus as well?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a nice fantasy, but there's a reason why people typically choose jobs that pay. These days it usually takes two incomes to really support a household. So I don't see how that would work. I'd have to work twice as had to support us, which is not only physically impossible but also completely unfair. So no.

• I think the question has been misread. I meant to say, if you actually love someone, are you willing to leave every material possession to become a volunteer at a campus as well?

• As I said, I will be assisted myself, at some point. I don't know why you are so willing to make me change idea, honestly...
      You are making me thinking I'm a bad person !

• I'm not trying to make you feel like a bad person, nor am I trying to change your mind. I'm just encouraging you to think practically about this. You are young, and you may not fully understand how the normal progression of life typically happens. You may not be thinking thoroughly about the needs you will have as you age. But we're also from very different parts of the world, and maybe it's reasonable for you to be able to expect more assistance than I would be able to expect. Just make sure you have all the information you need. Talk to others from your area and get lots of advice as you make this decision.

Most Helpful Guy

• No because YOU STILL NEED MONEY!!! When you go to buy a car, or apply for a mortgage for a house and your SO shows their volunteer history, do you think you can still buy that stuff? How about buying groceries? WTF do people think? Why is it fair to make one person work for living and pay for everything? Sorry, total deal breaker. Love doesn't pay the bills!

• Well, nobody has ever said you actually need a car or a house etc. There are campus that others like me use to sleep in, and where they can help poor people.
      Anyway, as I said, I perfectly know this is asking way too much to someone, I'm not even actually considering marriage at all, it just popped into my mind, and since I'll start permanently volunteering next month I wanted to see how people react to this.

• Ok, well I commend you for helping others. That is very admirable. It's just so many things in this life require you to have an income. If you are happy living like that, then I wish you all the best. It is just most people you will encounter outside of this lifestyle will not agree with you in regards to money and income. Good luck!

• Thank you for sharing ^^

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah totally. Our family lives way under my means alone these days, so, sure, that'd be doable.

I would expect, though, that all this volunteerism eventually be aimed at something greater.
    In other words, if he's gna dedicate his whole entire life to it, until his dying day... I'd expect the fruits of that labor to be more than just one person's work.
    A new foundation, a new nonprofit... SOMETHING bigger better greater, to show for all that time and effort.

If I were to dedicate my own career to volunteerism, I'd hold myself to exactly the same standard.

• Oh honey child no.

• That doesn't mean I expect him to make bank while I do nothing. It only means I want him to make enough to provide half of what's needed for the lifestyle I want. I'll provide the other half and it'll be awesome.

• That's okay, you need no justifications, I can see that many prefers having something materials, there is nothing wrong about it ^^

• Yes, I would.
    I think I could adapt to that. But I haven't met many people like that.

• Probably not. I don't want to bring in all the money on my own.

• Okay, thanks for sharing your opinion ^^

• You're welcome😁

What Guys Said 3

• Sure. If she manages to find a life free from the corporate toiling , I'd want to see what's on the other side as well :P

• Only if she's already rich from inheritance or something. I like independent women, not free loaders.

• No, sounds dumb af.

• Thanks for sharing your opinion ^^

• why on earth would you work for free for life... you can be a helpful person and still get paid

• Because I'm selfless. Not saying that's a good thing, not saying that's a bad thing. It's just how I am. Infact, I'm not even actually considering marriage,, I know that would be asking to much to someone, it was just a thought it popped on my mind..