What does being yourself even mean?

Whenever I ask my girlfriends for help with a girl they always tell me to have confidence and to be myself.

Well wtf does that even mean? Confident that I'm good enough for the girl? Being myself?

So confusing

Most Helpful Guy

• They just mean be comfortable and say what you wana say, do what you wana do. which is absolute bullshit. the probability of getting shot down being "yourself" on the first approach... is too high. there are better ways...
    Hold Up, why as you asking Girls how to approach girls... you ask Guys... not girls. most don't know what its like to approach.

• My guy friends will probably roast me lol, but what do you do and what's your advice for me

• Rather get mocked online lool, but yea can you help me?

• message me, give ya a few tips... only. the rest is up to you.

What Girls Said 5

• It means don't be a fake ass motherfucker.

Sorry. It's just that all "being yourself" means is to be yourself. Don't lie about what you're into or like. BE HONEST. If she asks you how you feel about something, TELL HER HOW YOU ACTUALLY FEEL. If she wants to know what you're interested in, TELL HER WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN.

You should never pretend to be into something or lie about something just to make yourself more attractive. So yeah. It has to do with confidence. Be confident in who you are. There is a wonderful episode of Bratzillaz that talks about "being yourself." You might find it useful.

• I'm corny and I say corny things. That's myself and I don't understand how confidence comes into the equation

• Oh my god. Okay, how do I explain this properly?

You have to be confident. Meaning that you have to like who you are. This is often exemplified personally through not allowing what others say or think about you having an effect ont he way you view yourself. So if someone thinks you're stupid for saying corny things, you don't let it effect you. You don't get upset or depressed. You just move on.

So when you go on a date or talk to a girl, you have to be unflappable. If you go in feeling negative about who you are because someone else said that they don't like the jokes you tell or they don't like your hobbies, then you're screwed. You're going to be nervous and you'll doubt yourself. You won't tell the jokes you usually tell and you probably won't mention what kind of stuff you do, because you have this preconceived notion that people don't like that part of you. But if you go in there confident, then that stuff won't effect you. You'll be able to express who you are mush easier.

• Ok I get it

• learning to comfortable in your own skin because u feel good about it.

• dont rehearse something or play a part dont act a certain way you think shed like, "be yourself"

• It means to just go for it, without trying to be someone else. For example, changing your personality and trying to be this cool badass.
    Just be direct, and be polite. Don't try too hard or be desperate. It will backfire.

• Being yourself = Doing things in life that make U happy whether other people like them or not.

What Guys Said 5

• It means to FAKE it until ya MAKE IT man. Because unless you're a naturally likeable person that "be yourself BULLSHIT is just that, BULLSHIT".

• I feel like that "be confident! Girls love confidence!" advice is bs too.

• @Tdieseler agreed and yeah I'm the same way aka wild and random when it comes to meeting girls for the first time... That way they can't say they di&nt know what they were getting themselves into things jumped off between us 😫😣😂😂😂

• they will still try to blame you in the end though... lame ass girls...

• It means that your core personality has to coincide with what they think is attractive. And in case it doesn't well... bummer.

• Be yourself - meaning you don't act differently for different people. You act the way you normally act.

Some people tend to change the way they dress, speak, act just to impress a girl. I am not saying this is wrong, but if you're not comfortable with those changes, you will end up reverting back to whatever comfortable actions you're doing and may make the other person feel different about you.

• being yourself means figuring out the truth
    cause I'm pretty sure half of what you learned is a lie
    now have you thrown out half of the garbage cause if you believe a lie you are not being yourself you are acting out on your belief

• Be you... don't be who you're not.

• What if he's an A++ ass hole that likes to talk down to women? Should he really be himself if his plan is to get laid? Probably not, right? LOL.

Everyone can't be themselves, while still being likeable to another person ^_^.

• @Mistnigqa808 Well, then he can screw off. Simple. The balance of the world is back where it should be, assholes join ISIS, real men live in peace and harmony with the fairer sex.

• LMAO what you said isn't going to happen, I mean you can't expect him not to want to fuck hoes, right? So after being rejected or not getting the "play" he wants from girls he's going to become a "wolf in sheep's clothing" or should I say "he'll fake it, until he makes it" with women lol.