Ok so mainly guys, how can I make a guy understand that I am not interested without being mean?

via text mainly. I don t wanna ignore him but I don;t wanna lead him on since I am always too nice.
so how can I make it clear that I am not interested but stay friends with him>

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, the "soft let down" tends to hurt guys even worse because they know you're not only rejecting them, but you're pitying the absolute shit out of them and think they can't handle you being straight up.

Just tell him flat out: "Listen it was nice getting to know you but I don't see this going anywhere. There's just no chemistry and I don't want to lead you on because you're actually really cool and fun to hang out with."

It's sweet but it's to the point.

What Guys Said 46

• Send him this image.

http://i.imgur.com/7rCa8Lb.jpg

• with most guys just out it out there for him no playing games or making him question if your serious about him or not. because most guys think its stupid to play the do you like me game. when all they need is a simple yes or no your not interested in him.

there are a lot of guys in the friend zone with girls more than girls are with guys
    i think. and the friends thing works out fine and there is no awkwardness when you guys hang out or anything. and its just a lie and myth than being in the friend zone is a bad place to be.

yeah you got your guys who think a little smile means your falling in love with him but him getting hurt is his own fault for trying to put to much into something your not wanting. these kind of guys can be real jerks some times.

• most women just say, I have a boyfriend, sorry. I wish you the best in finding the relationship you want.

that may not work in this case...

I'd say "billybob, I like you but as a friend, I'm not interested in dating, I'm sorry, I just don't feel the chemistry." But I know there is a girl out there for you, have you talked ot my friend suzie?" something like that...

• Just tell him, "I like you as a friend, but stop sending me those dick pictures." He should understand that. lol

• lol lol
      you think?

• Yeah. But of course that means he would stop sending them. Can you live with one guy less filling your inbox? :-)

• you d need to step it up :p
      kidding :P

• Try words, like: "I don't wanna be mean and you're nice , but I'm absolutely not interested."
    I met a few girls who didn't even think about being clear about it. :-p :-(

• Hmm is he someone on here?

The best way is to be gently truthful and then leave the ball in his court as to whether he accepts you as a friend or not.

• ah no in rl lol.
      the issue is he s in my group of friends

• @Pac-Man haha, savage indeed! but I've witnessed it happen, she even dropped his name in there 😵.

@archiz Yeah just let him down gently but firmly. If it's awks then that's on him really.

• alright thanks ^^

• By just being understanding and polite while being HONEST

Last time I friendzoned someone it was like
    "You are a cool person, you know that. We usually have a blast when hanging out. You've always been a good friend to me, and.. well... I am sorry, but I'm going to be completely honest with you.
    I don't see you as more than the awesome friend that you are. I'm not attracted to you, but I know that you're an awesome girl blablabla

• Just flat out tell him that you are not interested in a romantic relationship. If you explicitly state that you are not interested then he will get the message. If you give an excuse to try and soften the blow to his ego he might be under the impression that there is a chance you could somehow change your mind.

• Do not ask to stay friends. Just say "I am flattered [his name] but I am just not looking to have a relationship with you. I hope you can understand."

• There is no better way than to tell it like it is. "look man, you're a really cool dude and I love you like a brother, but nothing else will ever happen between us." And then he'll be distraught, then heart-broken and everything will be cool until he hits the gym, reads pick-up artist books and tries again in 5 years.

• Just say you aren't interested. Don't flake though. Flaking pisses us off, and plenty of females do it. It's cowardice.

• Just ask him kindly if he'd be okay with being good friends also if more would be unprobable. In other words: make it a kind question, maybe with a smilie :D
    Let's hope he's not to crazy about you :o

• 1|0
  • Tell him to fuk off lol

• Sometimes you have to be a little "Mean" or very straight forward.
    He might see it as mean, but everyone who gets rejected feels that way

• yea it ll suck cs he s in my group of friends. so when we ll go out he might be there

• That makes it a lot more complicated indeed. Well, I hope for you that he takes it well and won't cause a fuss in the friendgroup, because that would be weak of him.

• yea thanks ^^

• just telling him and being honest doesn't make you mean.
    you can of course also just drop some hints that you are already interested in someone else.

• "I am going to buy some cigarettes" and never come back. Works like a charm.

• Just tell him and if he's cool, it's cool, but if not then drop him as a friend.

If he is cool with it, you may have to cut contact for a little while until he either gets over you or crushes on someone else. thats how it is with me :P

• *put hand on his shoulder*
    You're like a brother to me.
    *swipe hair to one side*
    And my neck is not even red.

Nevermind.. you won't get redneck jokes <_<

• Maybe tell him you're like a brother to me and I don't want you to break tgat bond and I hope you understood my message? JUST MAYBE lol

• you can let him know that your interested in someone else or in a relationship with anyone but if you dont wanna lie then you can tell him that im not interested in you and i see you as a brother.

(YAYA is in trouble :D )

• Find a way to use the word 'friend' toward him once or twice. He should get the hint.

• "sorry i have a boyfriend"
    "not interested"... keep it simple

• just tell him the truth. tell him you dont find him attractive.

• You have to be clear and unequivocal.

• If he's really interested, you have to make sure you get the message across. I don't know if there's a really nice way to do this, since it's gonna hurt when he realizes it.

• Ask them for a face pic and then just stop replying!

:D

• 3 words:

"I'm not interested."

• The fact remains it's a bitch move to be passive-aggressive and shun someone when things could be much clearer if she said "I think you're a cool guy but just don't see any attraction."

• Just tell him straight up. Yo I ain't interested/I'm not looking to date right now.

Or say you're prejudice against all races, that should scare him off.

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 8

• You're still leading him on by choosing to stay friends with him. He's thinking he still has a chance because you're still dragging him on. Let him go, don't be friends with him at all. And sometimes, you just have to speak your mind. He should respect you for your honesty. Don't waste his time anymore or yours.

• You got be mean for him to understand.

• They won't get it until they want to get it. You can tell them straight up that you're not interested and they'll continue the same old pattern but even stronger.

• There is no nice way to put that and if he over reacts then that's due to his bad mentality.

• Hint that you have a crush on another guy?

• if u have starting trouble , then first message -" u r my only friend", then apologize and message him stating that its not 'only friend' but 'friend only'.

• Tell him you're not interested in having ANY relationship at the moment, that you want to concentrate on other things.

• Tell it straight.