Is making the decision to not date the best decision for me?

I don't date or even approach women but it's not due to a fear of rejection, I have another reason. I am a college student and pretty much broke from all the tuition and other bills I pay. Dating costs money, something I don't have a lot of and with what I have left over it's enough for me to do something on my own. I have been asked out by women but due to me being old fashioned I didn't accept their offers to pay for a date. I personally feel since I am broke, I shouldn't be dating until I have some money saved up. Is this the right thing to do for awhile?

Most Helpful Girl

• Occasionally dating doesn't have to cost a lot of money, think about that jumper or that t shirt you're gonna buy in the future a date could literally cost that much, after the date you can explain to them you're tight on money so hanging out indoors would be much preferred, and most of the time if they want to go out they will offer to pay if they know you're in this situation. However if thats your only fear (the money thing) then thats not a reason to not date anyone, its about putting your priorities in check and its great you're working towards paying off school, but women don't want to hear a lie, just tell them the truth.

• That's the only issue why I haven't approached in a while.

Most Helpful Guy

• tough situation man, i don't know, maybe explain to them you want to go on a date but you can't afford things I don't know, you can have fun without expending money, plus whoever likes you won't care about money. A walk in the park sounds like a pretty good date to me.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Lol it's really that important to u who pays? I mean u already made the decision we can't decide what's right or wrong because that's your decision. You could also go on cheap dates but I guess u don't like that either

• Women usually look down on a man if he can't pay for a date. I want to make a good first impression and a woman paying for me isn't good.

• U said that some girls offered you to pay. They don't look down on u then. And there are also fun dates u can do without paying much or anything at all

• I don't think dating should be entirely based around money , but if you feel your not ready to date , there isn't anything wrong with not dating anyone for the time being