Boyfriend question. Is this my problem?

2 months ago, I was robbed at knifepoint and watched my boyfriend's dad drown. I'm a little emotionally scarred as these events happened a day after each other. I'm still a virgin as I'm young (ish), though my boyfriend of 6 months is not, yet I would always 'help him out'. After these events, I haven't been in the mood to be very sexual and my boyfriend tells me it's one of the main aspects of our relationship and that I must just learn to 'eat my vegetables'. Is this my problem or should he be more understanding?

0|0
1|2

What Guys Said 2

• Your boyfriend is a douche bag that is concerned about his own sexual outlet. I'm a cold hearted bastard, but even so I would never do this to anyone. If someone is down I would be there for them to guide them truth the hard times, then again I been dealing with my own demons for many years now, when you live with clinical depression you become slightly more understanding and humane, as such I often try to help others get back on track. If this happened to my girlfriend I would be there for her, hell if this happened to any girlfriend I had I would be there to help and to listen them out, events like this often result in PTSD and that ain't a laughing matter. Sex and Vegetables? Ah for fucks sakes, the little fuck should just go and jerk himself off in a corner and stop being a overprivileged bitch.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be up to it either after those 2 events, tell him those were really bad things that still bothers you and it will take time to get over that before you'll be in the mood for that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I think your boyfriend should be more understanding over the fact that you had a hard time dealing with the traumatic events that happened to you. I think you should discuss it with him again. Tell him that you're not ready and you would really appreciate it if he was more patient.

0|0
    0|0