Boyfriend question. Is this my problem?

2 months ago, I was robbed at knifepoint and watched my boyfriend's dad drown. I'm a little emotionally scarred as these events happened a day after each other. I'm still a virgin as I'm young (ish), though my boyfriend of 6 months is not, yet I would always 'help him out'. After these events, I haven't been in the mood to be very sexual and my boyfriend tells me it's one of the main aspects of our relationship and that I must just learn to 'eat my vegetables'. Is this my problem or should he be more understanding?

What Guys Said 2

• Your boyfriend is a douche bag that is concerned about his own sexual outlet. I'm a cold hearted bastard, but even so I would never do this to anyone. If someone is down I would be there for them to guide them truth the hard times, then again I been dealing with my own demons for many years now, when you live with clinical depression you become slightly more understanding and humane, as such I often try to help others get back on track. If this happened to my girlfriend I would be there for her, hell if this happened to any girlfriend I had I would be there to help and to listen them out, events like this often result in PTSD and that ain't a laughing matter. Sex and Vegetables? Ah for fucks sakes, the little fuck should just go and jerk himself off in a corner and stop being a overprivileged bitch.

• I wouldn't be up to it either after those 2 events, tell him those were really bad things that still bothers you and it will take time to get over that before you'll be in the mood for that

What Girls Said 1

• I think your boyfriend should be more understanding over the fact that you had a hard time dealing with the traumatic events that happened to you. I think you should discuss it with him again. Tell him that you're not ready and you would really appreciate it if he was more patient.