What makes a man "undatable"?

What is one trait that makes it impossible for you to date a man?

Most Helpful Guy

• I heard that confidence is really important lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Well now that I've been with a few men, I would never date an insecure man. It leads to a horrible outcome. They'll never trust you no matter how faithfulyou are and they'll always make you feel worthless and unappreciated.

What Guys Said 18

• For me it's the penis. Not to fond of the testicles either. Also the muscles and hair detract from the experience. The flat chestedness and lack of vagina are mood killers too.

• I imagine there are more than just one trait that makes a guy undatable.

-ugly
    -no confidence
    -really shy
    -poor social skills
    -boring
    -makes significantly less money than she does

• Pretty sure there's a girl out there who'd fall for even the most "undatable" guy.
    Biology and chemistry ain't got no time for that logical conclusion of "dateableness"

• being broke. women dont do well with being poor.

• Him being a man.

• Death?

• His being a man.

• Independence.

Unrelenting.

Driven.

I can go on and on.

• Uh... Isn't this the opposite of what I asked for?

• Anything that would pull focus and attention away from a woman would make him undatable. Women have to feel like they are Number 1. If they aren't, then things won't work out.

It's okay if he has goals that he is working for, but ultimately the rewards have to somehow benefit the potential mate in some way. i. e. Money, power, influence and bragging rights.

Now, not all women are like that. There are many women who genuinely care about their men. But the number is dwindling as the current generations become more social media-centric and narcissistic to varying degrees.

On the other side of the token, those same reasons can make many women undatable, too.

• Um... alright. Thanks for the contribution.

• My existence.

• Being married? lol

• He doesn't have a vagina

• his fear of encounter with his father while dating

• Funny there are so many women on here claiming that insecurity is their number one issue, yet they still have the nerve to lie to guys and tell us that we shouldn't have a problem talking about our emotions.

What makes a man undatable? Not following the classic male gender roles. Despite what women claim, that is the type of man most women are attracted to.

• The one thing that makes anyone undateable is bad teeth. I dont mean croocked necessarily. I mean stained or rotten.

• Being very hairy or being shorter than 5.7

• social anxiety is number 1

• Lacking confidence. EASILY the one thing.

• everything

What Girls Said 13

• All guys are undatable!

• Emotionally, someone who is content with just "existing". A guy with a spark in his eye, a passion for something, is so captivating to me. It doesn't matter what it's for (as long as it isn't illegal), just a drive alone is attractive to me. I couldn't be with someone who simply walks through life with no desire outside his routine.

Physically, it's absolutely personal hygiene. If I can smell you before I can see you, than forget it.

• Negative and intense guys I cannot relate to. I am really laid back and don't take myself too seriously at all and would not be compatible with someone who does.

• Super negative types, like the type of person who's always complaining about their lot in life but never takes any responsibility for making it any better.

• when they are whiny and insecure little bitches lol

• What if their insecurity stems from depressive disorder or anxiety disorder? Would you still just leave them high and dry?

• @ZeatZed if I am just meeting the guy and he has these issues, honestly, I would not be interested in a relationship. I have enough on my plate already and my own life to worry about. I really don't see it as my job to fix anyone.

However: If my life partner/fiance/husband develops an issue like this and he get's the professional help he needs, then i would of course stay by his side and help him through it. Because I love the guy and already now his "normal" self.

• I have three

*an illogical possessive nature
    *highly flammable anger issues
    *constant petty jealousy

• I agree but this all boils down to insecurity for me.

• @flypaper All three definitely have some basis in insecurity, very true, but each unfortunately has many different consequences. Me now = I can't...

• No job.

• there are plenty

But i'd say this... he feels small.

• passiveness

• insecurity.

• What if their insecurity is caused by depressive disorder or anxiety disorder? Sometimes men can't control insecurity.

• @ZeatZed
      Sometimes woman can't control it either... does that make them attractive to you?

• passive guys, guys who never initiate or initiate very little date like factors/interactions

• -if they watch porn
    -talk inappropriately (especially in front of her friends or parents)
    -If they never stop talking about THEMSELVES
    -if they do drugs/smoke/drink
    -If they are too sloppy (when eating/food steins on clothes, messes in house etc)

• Dead-ness. If being dead is a trait. Can't date someone dead, though I hope and wish with the power of a thousand glistening unicorns that someone will try to prove me wrong, I'd laugh so hard.