Was I disrespectful?

The guy I liked said I was 'not worth much because of my sayings and instability'. I got hurt and pissed attacked him through text calling him a 'white person who thinks he is all that'. Was I in the wrong? I am black, just wanted to hurt him back.

Most Helpful Guy

• So I knew you were black when I read your quote of what you said...:) I grew up around many black people... I'm white.

So hurting someone just to hurt him back is wrong and useless. What this guy said is he sees in you some issues. If you were more mature youd find out what he means and assess if he is right, then work on those things. He may have been immature and mean but tried to point out some flaws in you.

I'd seriously get some counseling to improve your self esteem and self image. You are immature... not a shock for 23, but might as well work on your self now than burn up a bunch of relationships learning the harder way.

• whatever, do you have to say it like that? I was in a unstable situation

• what I said came across a little harsh, it wasn't intended that way... I was tired when I wrote that. Id tell most people to get counseling, we should all have some wise council. Most people don't think of it and they should... even the adults... especially the adults...

People get hurt easily, that's people... thats all of us at that age including the big athletes. The value of relationships is learning about yourself and growing emotionally, so always take pause to observe what you learned, grow, and heal before dating again. It may have hurt even more if you were in a bad place in life and "needed" him to feel stable. Is there anything you can be thankful for in this relationship... focus on that.

What do you mean you were in an unstable situation? I couldn't read that from what you said.

Most Helpful Girl

• Strangely enough... if a black guy said something similar to me... I would probably just laugh. I wouldn't take this seriously. But... that is just me was disrespectful of him to speak directly about the way you talk. You were just mad, and that is okay. One of my best friends is black and I love her to death! Anyway... how did he react to your text?

What Guys Said 2

• Yes it was disrespectful... but he disrespected you too... what happened to you guys to beat eachother up?

• it all depends on what you said to him before he said that your not worth much

What Girls Said 2

• Anyone who tells another person that they are "not worth much" deserves whatever they get in my opinion so no, you weren't disrespectful or at least not any more disrespectful than him.

• I would have threw a brick at him just kidding