Why is life so upside down?

A couple of years ago when I was in 10th grade, I was pretty unattractive in my eyes. Douchey haircut, scruffy facial hair, irresponsible, a little cocky. I still had my core personality traits though, funny, respectful, caring, shy etc. The thing is the girls that liked me that year didn't even know of my personality, I don't know why they liked me.

Fast forward 4 years, and wow what an evolution. I feel super attractive, healthy fit body, groomed, good haircut, and I still have my core traits. Yet, I don't know of any girls that like me. There could be but they never speak to me so I wouldn't know.

Why is life so backwards?

What Girls Said 2

• Perception on life is what you make. Energy, is what attracts people if your positive you attract positive people. If you have low self esteem, you will attract predators ( people who love to be negative) maybe some people view you as too cocky, your body language tells everything. So smile more. You can always walk up to someone and say hi.

• I dont get how you think this is backwards? Its called growing up.

• Because girls actually liked me back then but I don't know why. Now that I'm a better person, I don't know of any girl that has an interest in me

• Because I'm actually responsible, and take care of my appearance now. Basically I don't think I'm better, I KNOW I'm better. That's why I'm so confused

• maybe thats the reason then? you were probably more humble before

What Guys Said 1

• People grow and mature. Their tastes change and the way that they interact with the opposite sex changes as well. Additionally (assuming that you're in college), you're in a much larger environment and there's a lot more going on.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about whether a girl likes you or not. If you meet someone that you think is attractive, then you should just ask her out. Don't wait until you find out if she likes you or not. That takes the fun and excitement out of it.