Why does my mother protect my lazy, crazy sister?

My sister is 29 and she doesn't do anything with her life, she sits in her room all day for about 8 years now, she doesn't work, she doesn't go to school, no social life, just on the internet with her internet boyfriend for about 8 years, y mother never protected us from her, she never adjusted her behavior, she was a problem child, Always bullying us and cursing at us and making life harder and being a bad influence. My mom has 3 other children that work hard for their lives, we are productive and she isn't and yet if anyone in the family says something about my sister to my mother she gets angry and pissed and protects her like crazy! What my mom is doing to my sister is just insane! she needs to get out of the house! but my mom hates being alone and keeps her as a hostage, she knows my older sister is emotionally weak but she took away her life, some people behavior is just bad and needs adjusment! she is so passive with her.. why?

Most Helpful Guy

• yikes... get counseling and maybe they can figure it out. your mom may be using he as a surrogate husband (it happens) and is bad. Or she may be mothering a very difficult person.

this sounds sick, try to get some guidance on this from a professional counselor... may take a few to figure this out. if you want to read a book on how sick this can be and that it does happen, I'll refer to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably because she feels like she needs more protection than you do.

What Guys Said 4

• Both your mother and sister are mentally ill. One's overly protective to the point that they don't realize they're doing more harm than good, the other's a lazy no life. Both of their problems could have developed in unison.

• why are you still there?

worry about yourself.

• Your mom has mental issues and is harming your sister.

• is she a disabled person or have any serious mental health issue or any disablity?

• nooooooo she has behavioral problems, i dont believe she os depressed, a depressed person is just depressed but not like that, she just doesn't listen and wants to improve her life

• then your mom must be over protective or has any issues

What Girls Said 0