How to reject a kiss?

I'm going on a date this week with a guy I met online off of tinder and this will be my very first date. I'm nervous because I've never been on a date and have never kissed a guy. I'm not interested in kissing him until I know if there is a possibly of a relationship. What would be a nice way to reject a kiss?

Thanks everyone fro your answers. I wasn't expecting so many answer but I'm going to tell him before the date the situation. I'll find a way to sneak it in there lol. Like Oh random facts about me My favorite food is alligator, I've never skied, sky dived, kissed someone, and I always make sure to tip at a restaurant. Thanks for your help everyone!

Most Helpful Guy

• He might get the wrong idea and it could get awkward if you don't bring this up and leave it too late. The best way to avoid an awkward monent is to be honest. Explain that you only kiss people when you get to know them over a light hearted chat at the start of the date. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that and he'll respect that, I'm sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretend to sneeze. Lol
    If his eyes are closed just do a powerful sneeze that throws your head forward and smacks him in the face with your hair then proceed to get up and go to the restroom or find a reason to leave the situation then later come back.

Have a friend on emergency-save me/this date sucks-dial. Have her call you in the middle of the date so you can conveniently leave due to an "emergency".

What Guys Said 13

• Like Joeshev said, it may be best to come right out early on and tell him, or tell him during a convo before the date. If you don't get that chance and you end up on the date, when he tries to kiss you just turn your head and offer your cheek.

• if you can sense a kiss coming then avoid it

if he jumps at you with a kiss out of nowhere, just give him the cold cheek and tell him you're not ready for that yet.

• scares me to think of this scenario, poor parents these days!
    Turn your head so he hits your cheek. I hope he respects you enough... don't go back to his place. Be smart.

• well i would think whole eating dinner with him or whatever it is you have planed i would just bring it up in a none nervous way that you dont like being kissed on the first date. if you feel like he wants one.

• Just let him know you want to take things slow and want a real committed relationship.

• Only thing I can think of is to tell him beforehand you're not comfortable with it yet. I hope things to well

• just turn away or move away if he tries to kiss you

• Tell him "I'm nervous because I've never been on a date and have never kissed a guy. I'm not interested in kissing you until I know it they're is a possibility of a relationship."
    Nothing is nicer than honesty.

• TURN YOUR FACE. TURN IT. BREAK YOUR NECK IF NEEDS BE!

• don't make it obvious

• He may even not try to kiss you don't look worry

• Tell him you have the truth. you have herpes !

• Tell him.. isn't it too early?

What Girls Said 12

• you spray his eye with pepper spray and run!

• Either say it before it gets to that point (like as a matter of fact rather than it being a weird topic of discussion) or when he leans it just put your hand softly on his face and explain your boundaries. so the hand catches the kiss but also serves as a soft and non-threatening gesture.

• Just put your hand up and say it's too early.

• Just tell him flat out that you're only going on a test run and that you're not comfortable with kissing yet

• Either turn a cheek or if you see him leaning in for one tell him you don't feel comfortable enough to kiss him on a first date.

• well depends if he s persistent or not lol.
    when I had my first kiss I actually turned my face away so he won t but he just grabbed my face again, turned it upward and went full on french kiss lol
    I was so confused xD
    my method didn t work lol

• Move your head away
    Or if you can sense he wants to avoid it
    I do not kiss on first dates or second dates

• "rejecting" is a word itself thats not so pleasant. But you can turn your head or fold your lips.

• Just tell him you don't kiss on the first date. Guys listen to directness. He should understand.

• Try to skip the kissing moment. Towards the end of the date. Hug him instead. Lol

• A kiss on the cheek? Lol.

• You simply turn your face away :p. You can also tell them that you want to take things slow.