Ladies, what are some of the little things you do before a first (or important) date?

Besides fixing your hair and make-up what are some of the other things you do to be ready for your date? How long do you start to prepare for the date?

Feel free to share even the littlest of things it takes to get ready.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually need about 2 hours to get ready. Whole outfit decided, including underwear and footwear, shower, shave, makeup and hair and brush my teeth.

• What about other things like lotions, things you do to your clothes or whatever.

• Oh I always use moisturiser on my arms because I don't want my tattoos to look dry and on my legs, no matter what. I should use it on my face more but I usually forget and just put my makeup on. Also put perfume on before I get dressed. My clothes just get thrown on, I don't iron anything cause I'm lazy

• Thank you for MHO :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably panic...

• lol... can't believe two words got MH... thanks... its true though... women stress the most unimportant details.

• Let's be honest for a sec. You were the only guy who answered PLUS you have helped me out on other questions for before. I felt like you deserved it. :)

• i know, but i wasn't trying to be blowing it up or anything.

What Girls Said 14

• If I had a date at 6:00 pm I would start getting ready at 4. Why you may ask?
    1) shower & shave
    2) find an outfit (I do this a day before lol)
    3) makeup
    4) fix hair
    5) floss and brush teeth

Those may seem like small steps but they take a long time for me haha.

• I do understand what you are getting at. But you could even get more detailed if you like.

• ? More detailed? Your just getting really creepy now

• Well then I will apologize. I didn't realize talking about getting a manny pedy, or waxing eye brows was creepy.

Have a good night then.

• I guess it depends how interested I am. But the last one, I was meeting a guy I'd been talking to for nearly 3 weeks online, got along great, I really liked him (and apparently he liked me too). I don't do hair and make up really, I had just finished a conference so I was dead tired, I probably spent a while figuring out what to wear because I wanted to look nice because I like dressing nicely, but also casual, and because I had my conference my clothing options were limited (I wasn't staying at my house).
    I suppose the few make up items I wear I was being extra careful with. I guess I run a plan through my head of things that we could do, perhaps things I could ask about etc. But I quite liked him and wanted to make a good impression. But I was also just really excited and nervous so putting more effort into getting ready helps calm me down, so I also spend more time on it for myself.

Guys I am interested in but don't particularly care if it goes nowhere, I'd do similar for clothes because I do want to look good for myself, but as far as planning possible activity ideas (movies etc), things to talk about, I won't really do and just get ready like it's any other day.

• Do what I do every day to get ready but I might shop for an outfit to wear or at least plan one. Wear perfume, I usually do when I go out though. So nothing special.

• Shower, shave, sometimes add lotion, make-up, hair, find a nice outfit and probably try on a few outfits until I find the right one, find shoes, put on perfume

• I can get ready in 30-45 minutes = shower + air dry hair + lip gloss + outfit.

Extras:
    *Tiny over night bag (in my car)
    *Hide certain items from view in my house

• I get a wax done a few days before so that the ouch factor has time to settle
    wax includes pussy legs and underarms sometimes lip

• Very detailed and involved. Thank you. What are some of the little things you do the day of or to get ready for the date?

• go through my wardrobe and look for the best outfit
      do my nails
      pick out the perfume

• Shave and maybe shop for a New skirt or top

• put lotion on , take more time with hair

• I apologize to my one true love Legolas for agreeing to go on a date with someone else.

• Id make sure I have the clean teeth

• Make sure I'm clean and shaven and I pick my outfit days before

• Why do you pick the outfit days before? Is there a process to this?

• It's a personal thing
      I like being prepared

• I thought maybe it was so you didn't wear it by accident or so you could have it sent to the cleaners or something.

• Generally dates happen later in the day so I am already dressed & my hair is already up (not a dress up/ wear make up/ straighten my hair kind of girl). I mentally prepare, more then physically prepare. I play the what-if game, play with the idea of canceling (even more so if I like him a lot cause there's so much pressure and I panic), I try to think of 3 things to talk about if things get awkward and slow. I also think of something else to do in-case things don't go as planned. Oh and I exercise or go for a run to run off nerves... then I do the smell test... make sure I smell ay okay then I head out... if not I'll wear whatever is on top in my dresser and pin any loose hair back. Not sexy I know but it's what I got-lol.

• At least that's what I did. I am happily married but it is the same thing I do now whenever we go out with old groups when I know we'll be around a large group-lol.

• It takes me a really long time out of nervousness to get my hair and clothes just right.

• What are some of those things you have to do/check?

• Pretty much.

• What kinds of things do you do with your long hair? I mean styles that is.

• Check your breath
    Blow your nose LOL
    Wash your face

What Guys Said 0