Can you be a target if you're attractive to the opposite sex?

So i have something that i've been thinking about for a while... girls at my college classes have always shown signs of interest in me or at least some kind of attraction, iam friends with all of them ( there are over a 100 ) and rarely if ever make fun of me... yet the guys... while iam friends with all of them too and we joke often they try to always make fun of me embarass me infront of the girls, at first i was like "normal guys behaviour " but then i started to notice that iam not doing anything special just a normal dude doing his thing yet they will always find something, if i say hi they get obessed with how i say it if i drink water they will mention how i drink water...

I don't know about girls or if any of them face such things, does it ever happen to you? , i am usually nice and fun but act like an ass and yell if i get irritated by their behaviour, but it got me thinking why would they be doing that to me while all the girls in fact compliment me and a couple even admitted that she wishes guys as great as me would notice her...

What Girls Said 1

• Your guy friends sound like jerks to me. They probably enjoy your reaction. If I were in your position, I'd either stop being friends with them or demand to know why they are acting that way.

What Guys Said 2

• Of course. You are in a very similar position that I was a while ago, I was friend with lots of girls and some guys, but I couldn't stand that "guy behavior" for a long time so I mostly hung out with the girls, and one day one of the girls came chasing after me. She's my girlfriend now.

• i am not really into hangoing out with girls i have lots of friends outside of uni but since i spend most of my time there i made friends there too, but the ones who always seem to want to be in control find the silliest things to make fun of , some times iam just standing there like " really? you find that funny? are you out of ideas?" iam not making an effort to date any girls if anything i am giving vibes that i dont care.

• I hear you, I've been through that and it's really annoying, for me that came mostly from guys so I don't stick to them too much, I don't know about you. I didn't make an effort to get a girl as well simply because I tried a lot before and I gave up but then that girl came chasing after me, so it's possible :)

• lol I don't know if it will happen to me the same i dont find anyone iam interested in so i dont really make an effort to show that iam interested, yet everything i mentioned still happens... weird huh

• Of ur popular with chicks and ur a dick to the guys, then you will have this and more coming your way. But if this is all there is to it then they are jist being immature.

• dick to the guys? no not really iam friends with everyone as i mentioned earlier not a dick unless someone is.

• Then they are just being immature