Would you date a guy or girl who doesn't have an extensive knowledge of reading and books?

• Yes, I couldn't care less about books.
    50% (25)79% (50)66% (75)Vote
  • No, I wouldn't date someone who doesn't broaden their horizons with books.
    50% (25)21% (13)34% (38)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|35

Most Helpful Guy

• Broadened knowledge is great, but I have no idea how people get the time for that, or remember all the stuff they've read.

As someone who also kinda sucks at having such extensive knowledge, I'd be fine with that, although I do admit I'm fascinated when people know all kinds of things. I never know how they know all those things.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I do care about books and being well-read, but only for myself. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I don't care much if a guy doesn't share that interest. It's not a deal-breaker. He can still be an intelligent, engaging, and interesting person without being an avid reader.

If he does read a lot and has extensive knowledge though, that's a plus.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 34

• I'd like to say yes, and I would for the right person. but they have to be interesting... I'm not interested in someone that sits around and watches TV all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • while i enjoy reading books i can't say i can judge a girl on her reading skills. and helping her read gives you a chance to be closer to her on another level. , what guy would pass that up if it means the girl will be your freind for life even if no relationship came from it?

0|0
    0|0
  • i would give her the time of day

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I don't like reading, so I couldn't care less.
    I don't know why that would be a problem, as long as she's smart, who cares if she doesn't read much?

0|0
    0|0
  • Knowledge or books, not so much.

Intelligence, on the other hand, is much much more important.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, if they are fine with awkward silences then I am too.

0|0
    0|0
  • i like to read books but that has no bearing on a relationship. if she can at least read thats all that matters

0|0
    0|0
  • Judging by your potential answers we can see your position on reading. That being said, I think they are extremely narrow minded. I would consider dating someone who doesn't have an extensive knowledge on books. There could be many other things in life they do have an extensive knowledge of.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a no from me. She doesn't have to have a whole personal library or anything, but if she doesn't like reading, it's a total turn off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Voted C: she can still get what she hasn't now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you needed to include more options. I do care about books, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker if a girl didn't read them very often, so neither A nor B is quite right for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I could muster up any fucks to give.

0|0
    0|0
  • I read books sometimes, not well read. Books never did it for me, I was always more of an audio and visual stimulated person. As long as you have a passion for something cool

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what you mean. If they didn't read books but enjoyed history programs I wouldn't care even a little.

Reading isn't exactly one of my top interests so I doubt it would matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • there are other ways to broaden ones horizon. especially in the internet age xD

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean... some people weren't as fortunate to attend certain school districts or had to work a lot as a teenager because of family circumstances. As long as they were ignorant/humble and not try to be know it alls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yeah. Books are great but not a deal breaker if she doesn't read them.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she's smart, I dont give a rats ass if she reads or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • B if the reason given is something like "books are boring", but some people just have a reading disability.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your options are bias fam, the hell.

Even though I like reading, it's not for everyone I suppose so I won't mind if she doesn't have an extensive knowledge on books...

Intelligence is attractive as eff tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm... I don't think so. Not sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm very well read, but I don't really care about that in a partner as long as she broadens my horizons in other ways (i. e., from her life experience or whatever).

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep in mind, with the digital age. Someone can grow to a pretty high level of intelligence from sources other than reading.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they weren't illiterate it fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would, I don't read books either.

0|0
    0|0
    • Let me add; I wouldn't care whether she reads or not.

• I would prefer to date someone who reads. They don't have to be a huge reader, but they have to have read a book that wasn't required in the last year.

0|0
    0|0
  • I read almost everyday , but if a girl doesn't read that much it won't affect the relationship 😛

0|0
    0|0
  • What like novels or useful knowledge?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see how this actually makes sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I hate to read,

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• It's not about reading books, it's about having the passion to learn and seek knowledge. I hate people who don't want to educate themselves and don't appreciate the information available to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I couldn't care less about books. hahah LOOK AT THE POLL! lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't read books either so I don't care. It's a big misconception that people who don't read books aren't intellectual, interesting or broad-minded. I read articles, watch the news and documentaries and ofcourse I go to school where I have to read study books. I simply don't like reading books. I don't have the concentration for it or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't care about books at all tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would, not everyone is the reading type.

0|0
    0|0
  • As an avid reader, it is very important to me that my dates be well-read. I don't necessarily care if we have the same taste in books, I just want them to be informed and curious about the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love books and reading, but I would date someone who didn't read books.

0|0
    0|0
  • I read books a lot so unless he's an amazing conversationalist on every topic I feel like he'd need to be reading books for us to have something interesting to talk about.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, cause they are boring

0|0
    0|0
  • I love reading but I wouldn't care if they did or not

0|0
    0|0
  • My experience as an avid reader is that unfortunately, guys see books as a threat to the constant attention that most want. 😟

0|0
    0|0
    • good point.

• Never thought of it that way but at the same time all of us gagers are readers considering we read everything on this sight